NYPD Wall St. area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Is this the same frequency those security people wearing the red uniforms stating "Downtown Security" on their sleeves use? If not, what frequency are they on?

crashcrew

Premium Subscriber
N2ZGE said:
Is this the same frequency those security people wearing the red uniforms stating "Downtown Security" on their sleeves use? If not, what frequency are they on?

No......and I have no idea, sorry

Analogrules

thanks Scandal, you were correct

Yes, I can confirm hearing Security (non PD) workers in the downtown area on that frequency. Yesterday I heard them mention that they had to warn a few illegal vendors to remove their tables before the police arrived on Vessey St. They also asked the dispatcher for directions to help out tourists quite often. I'm not sure if this is the ONLY frequency they use, however it's definitely one of them.

FireRescueMedic11

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They actually do a Really Good job down there, i lived in that area for 20 years, alot of thugs down and around there prey on Lost Tourist, Especially the Foriegn ones,
They impacted the crime rate 22% in that area without police being there just by the uniform itself, I am happy to have them around if i ever go back

SCANdal

Silent Key
All the police do nowadays is parade around in 25 car convoys. Your taxes at work.

FireRescueMedic11 said:
They actually do a Really Good job down there, i lived in that area for 20 years, alot of thugs down and around there prey on Lost Tourist, Especially the Foriegn ones,
They impacted the crime rate 22% in that area without police being there just by the uniform itself, I am happy to have them around if i ever go back

...And that's exactly the minimalist thinking that the City of New York wants its to promote and encourage from it's citizens. All that's needed is a "uniform." The City now does not have to hire as many of those pesky, expensive Police Officers. Simply let the business improvement districts re-tax their "citizens," and, in turn, the BIDs pay minimum wage employees to simply provide a uniformed, unarmed presence. In this day and age that's called doing more (impacting "crime rates") with less (security guards instead of police officers).

We live in deeply troubled times,

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.