NYS DEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that NYS DEC Encon and Rangers is modifying there radio license's for P25. Just a FYI for those that like to listen to them

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up

I try to listen but they appear to be a finicky bunch of freqs.

Or else they just don't do much in CNY. ;)

lafd55

Most stuff is done by cellphone. But now with Multi-band radios most likely they have capability to talk on every system in the area. Like Region 4 can talk to Albany City and Colonie.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
The majority of the regions have a voip connection to albany and raybrook. In the CNY region Georegtown and Gomer are the popular ones for the Forest Rangers. Rarely hear anyone on 225 or 465 but once in a while on the Oswego City repeater.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed over the last few days I've monitored some short DMR transmissions on 159.435 MHz. After each DMR transmission, there was an analog carrier showing 156.7 Hz., similar to a repeater tail. I don't have the ability to decode DMR, but if there is anyone in the Capital District region that can, it might be worth a try. Each DMR transmissions seemed short (less than 5 seconds long) so I wasn't sure if this is someone performing tests. Signals were moderate in strength in the Capital District area from a couple of different locations.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed over the last few days I've monitored some short DMR transmissions on 159.435 MHz. After each DMR transmission, there was an analog carrier showing 156.7 Hz., similar to a repeater tail.

Is that a DEC output tone in the area? If so, it could be interference on the repeater input. Wasn't there some discussion a year or two ago about DMR traffic falsing PL decoders?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
That DMR your hearing i recall is Vermont ....coming thru on some SP channels as well. Most times early morning which leads me to think its skip land wandering thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.