NYS DMV Divison of Field Investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I came across one of their investigator cars today. It had the typical NYSP unmarked radio set up. Black cell looking like antenna on the trunk, and a Orion/7100. Are they on their own frequencies, or using NYSP freqs? It would be pretty safe to assume that NYSP assist DMV DFI in any of their investigations.

D

DaveNF2G

It is probably an internal Department investigative unit that deals with issues in DMV offices.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
It is probably an internal Department investigative unit that deals with issues in DMV offices.

No ****..... They do a little more then that, a simple google search shows taht.... I was asking about frequencies.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
To my knowledge they use cell phones for most but have NYSP radios to coordinate with SP on certain items. In the past they also had radios fir various counties they where in but over time.migrated most communicatioms to Cell.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge they use cell phones for most but have NYSP radios to coordinate with SP on certain items. In the past they also had radios fir various counties they where in but over time.migrated most communicatioms to Cell.

That is what I figured. The investigators them self's are peace officers. It appears that most state vehicles that are law enforcement have radios for communications with State Police. I've seen similar set ups in parole vehicles, and state corrections vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.