NYS Park Pd

BFD319

Feed Provider
Looking to find what system or freq NYS Park PD is operating on that would cover Long Island Nassau County, They moved off there VHF freq years ago. Seems like the Suffolk County area is covered by the Park police talkgroup on the suffolk county trunk system but the Nassau county area Jones Beach and West is never heard on that talkgroup.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Grew up and live in Pennsylvania but I did live in New York in both Suffolk and Nassau County for about 15 or 16 years through the seventies and till the mid eighties.

Just some quick history as I remember it. There used to be the State Parkway police which was a state agency that patrolled the parkway system and provided policing for all of the state parks.

They broke that system up, I believe in the 70s and some State Parkway police were grandfathered into the state police and those who weren't became the Park Police. Responsible just for policing the parks and the state police patrolled the parkway system on a VHF High, I believe Simplex frequency.

The Old State Parkway police and the newly formed Park Police used 45.66 MHz simplex. Might be worth a try after all these years LOL.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard a rumor that they went on the Metro-25 system on an encrypted talk group several years ago.
Key word here is RUMOR, but I've been unable to confirm this.

BFD319

Feed Provider
I heard a rumor that they went on the Metro-25 system on an encrypted talk group several years ago.
Key word here is RUMOR, but I've been unable to confirm this.
[/QUOI

I been curious about that system there is a talk group labeled park police but never got any traffic on it, only hear the mta talking

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
In Suffolk co I can confirm NYS park PD are active on the Suffolk trunk system although Ive never heard any chatter or talk about any parks on the east end of LI… (north/ south forks) so it’s possible they are using vhf out there ? Their maintenance Vehicles do have vhf antennas on them.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I locked out the tg but a few weeks ago, and for a few weeks straight, NYS Parks Pd and NYS Pd were on a tg on Suffolk trs handling concerts at Jones Beach. I will check my recordings later for the tg..

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I locked out the tg but a few weeks ago, and for a few weeks straight, NYS Parks Pd and NYS Pd were on a tg on Suffolk trs handling concerts at Jones Beach. I will check my recordings later for the tg..
Well that makes sense Dave. I don't think there's any problem with the signal from Suffolk County over the Great South Bay.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Not specific to that system, more so Park Police, but, up here, NYSPP uses the Niagara Co TRS WELL outside of Niagara Co, into the surrounding counties. Nothing for nothing, they might be doing the same down there, if the coverage is adequate for their purposes. No first-hand knowledge of your situation, just speculation from the way they operate on the opposite end of the state.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have tgid 63 for nys parks pd on the suffolk p25 system
That is their listed tg and it is active, but I believe when I heard them and the troopers doing the concert details they were using one of the countywide tg's. Also pretty sure 3 weeks ago when I was at Gilgo that I was hearing a few calls about Jones beach on the Suffolk tg 63.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
That is good news if they are on the Suffolk P25 system. Should be a quiet talk group now that the summer is over. :p

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
This is what have programmed and listen to every time I go to Jones beach, Robert Moses and Sunken Meadow state parks. Also used at Bethpage State park. State park EMS, and all park services use these.1663890037965.png1663891321213.png

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago I was hearing them on Suff trs while I was on Gilgo, (saw them talking also). I am going to run 159.3900 in fmp24 to see is its patched to the Suff trs.

159.3900 in the database does not yield any results with 179.9 as a tone. I see you have it set on JonesBeachNew. Is that a confirmed tone?

1663953534851.png