NYS Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSjava

Quick Question... I live in the Buffalo area , Im really having a hard time getting the state police in this area... Or maybe they just don`t talk a lot ...

D

DaveNF2G

Most NYSP communications in heavily populated areas take place on local police channels.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Most of the traffic I hear in the Buffalo area comes from the Lockport station..they seem to be active.

Are you listening to to the Troop channel? That is simplex, but from high power bases.

The mobiles are not repeated and you would normally need to be within a few miles.

BSjava

I think Im listening to all the right Channels... got them from here

mjmurphy61

Premium Subscriber
I noticed this too when I got back into the hobby last year after being out since the late 80's. No where near the amount of radio traffic I used to get on 155.505.

sc800

On one of the police webforums, a state trooper said that some calls now get assigned over the MDT's in their cars.

comspec

Most of the DMV information like liscence and registration checks are done by computer. And let's face it that is going to be 99% of the traffic.

Also, I have noted that when you are scanning NYSP in a scanner with let's say Buffalo PD. The small amount of traffic that NYSP generates is often missed as the scanner spends more time on the busy channels and remember, you generally will only hear the base and not the cars.

When I put the scanner on manual for the NYSP base channels I find that they are there but they don't have much to say. They get right down to business and a "dispatch" could last 5 seconds. Ex: "Patrol to 13.5 North for a PIAA" and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.