NYSEG utility still ( NO AUDIO) WHEN SCANNING ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKY1

Bcd536 downloaded from sentinel and turned on utility on radio it scans but theres no audio ?? Can someone help out , thanks

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I thought you had this working yesterday?
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...software-problem-downloading-information.html

Did you setup a new profile and not know it? Did you reset the unit by accident and the setting's got kicked? Has something in you Sentential changed? Check to make sure you have the correct frequencies in the unit from RR and Sentential.

You have to give some more information besides it is not working. What steps/ things did you do before it went silent.

STICKY1

thanks for helping some other people on here are not very friendly, but anyway it thought this forum was for helping people out that are not scanner novices,yesterday I had my utility off then Iturned it on and then I could see it scanning so I thought I was ok , but iam not getting any audio on the nyseg sites , maybe its the radio settings I have tried to upload it a few times and I get the same thing it scans through the sites but no one talking , all day and last night too . thanks

Dafe1er

I do not own one of these as of yet, but if it has an Atten button try turn it on or off. I find I hit mine all the time on my HP unit and wonder why I have heard nothing for hours.

Other than that, I am sure someone with the new unit can chime in to help.

There are MANY folks willing to help here despite how much I might knock them. We novice's just need to give all the information we can for them to help!

STICKY1

HA HA another rocket scientist, no the unit is on , everything else works fine, iam gonna uninstall the seninel and reinstall it and upload everything again and see if that will work , thanks for your generous input .

trunker

thanks for helping some other people on here are not very friendly, but anyway it thought this forum was for helping people out that are not scanner novices,yesterday I had my utility off then Iturned it on and then I could see it scanning so I thought I was ok , but iam not getting any audio on the nyseg sites , maybe its the radio settings I have tried to upload it a few times and I get the same thing it scans through the sites but no one talking , all day and last night too . thanks

Is it receiving IDs with no audio or just not receiving anything?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
HA HA another rocket scientist, no the unit is on , everything else works fine, iam gonna uninstall the seninel and reinstall it and upload everything again and see if that will work , thanks for your generous input .

Chill with the attitude please.
Folks here are just trying to help you out.
I know you are probably frustrated but try to remember to treat your
fellow RR.com members as you would like to be treated.
Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

STICKY1

iam sorry if I offended anyone but earlier I got a nasty message from someone about reposting things on here over and over, iam just trying to figure this out like everyone else, to my question it is receiveing ids and scanner through them on the scanner but when lower squelch no sound , also not hits and there hasn't been any at all, and iam about a mile away from site so range is not an issue , I must be missing something why they don't work , and all the other local stuff , fire,cops, ect work perfect ? not sure what iam doing wrong . thanks

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I believe you stated you checked this, but double check that "Utilities" is enabled in your "Service Types"...and maybe triple check.

STICKY1

I did over and over , only a few groups are off utilities is on iam going to redo everything and try that and see if it works, thanks

KevinC

Super Moderator
I did over and over , only a few groups are off utilities is on iam going to redo everything and try that and see if it works, thanks

Ok, when it's "scanning" NYSEG do you see any bars on the signal strength meter?

Dafe1er

When redoing things with the Sentinel software, go into your profile (in sentinel) and make sure the utilities are selected then save your profile then push out to the unit.

Every time you update through the software all your settings will be transferred to the unit that you had last saved. If you did not select the utilities before writing from before then it will override your settings from just doing it on the unit itself.

trunker

iam sorry if I offended anyone but earlier I got a nasty message from someone about reposting things on here over and over, iam just trying to figure this out like everyone else, to my question it is receiveing ids and scanner through them on the scanner but when lower squelch no sound , also not hits and there hasn't been any at all, and iam about a mile away from site so range is not an issue , I must be missing something why they don't work , and all the other local stuff , fire,cops, ect work perfect ? not sure what iam doing wrong . thanks

You say "it is receiveing ids" but then "not hits and there hasn't been any at all". Is the scanning stopping so you can read anything in the display?

STICKY1

no signal bars , showing, and no stopping on any of the channels , it just scans through no stopping or audio, I have to leave for an apptointment sone but I will check the profile thing in the sentinel that may be a problem , have to go now but will resume later , thanks to the men helping me out !!!

KevinC

Super Moderator
no signal bars , showing, and no stopping on any of the channels , it just scans through no stopping or audio, I have to leave for an apptointment sone but I will check the profile thing in the sentinel that may be a problem , have to go now but will resume later , thanks to the men helping me out !!!

Well then, with no signal bars you'll never hear them. :D

Are you sure you're within range of one of the sites (towers)?

STICKY1

bcd536 ( no audio)

to my prior post about no audio on the nyseg site when scanning , it says unknown and no stored tgid ,and then while scanning it says id searching

trunker

to my prior post about no audio on the nyseg site when scanning , it says unknown and no stored tgid ,and then while scanning it says id searching

So you finally actually received something?
Press E/yes to save it!
Looking at the (statewide) system, there are only 18 total IDs shown in the database and of them, only 2 are in Geneva. Maybe the system just isn't that busy.

STICKY1

thanks I got them in there and they are scanning but in my sentinel the 2 for Geneva have no freq, or much of any info to receive them, this nyseg data base has little info compared to the others like police dept, fire, ect. iam wondering if any one else is receiveing the Geneva ones don't think its posable cause I have little info in my sentinel to upload to receiver. and none of them are giving me any sound either, even with the sq loward to nothing ,

Last edited:

STICKY1

when I go into discovery mode Geneva isn't even listed as a site to scan , ? gotta be a sentinel data base problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.