NYSP Overlook Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
NYSP has filed for a New license adding a repeater (154.905) And the other normal "F" Troop Frequency's at Overlook Mtn............... Time for more reprogramming.....

azraphale

Input?

Let me know when you hear activity ad if you find PL tones. Are they just licensing this for Overlook, or are they doing their usual subzone thing with multiple PL tones for various locations?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber

azraphale

I notice that 159.150 is also licensed for mobile use only. I presume this is the input frequency for the repeater, and the mobiles are also licensed for 154.905 like the FB2 site, which I presume is for talkaround.

Interestingly, despite claims to the contrary, the FB frequecies listed for the two tropps I've checked out (F and K) are not simplex as is implied (base to mobile), with the mobile frequency being mobile to base. The mobile to base frequencies are in fact repeated on the FB frequencies, meaning that the FB frequencies are actually being used as FB2 frequencies; for instance, F troop is listed in my radio as 155.535 RX and 154.935 TX, and I can hear all the mobiles answering base on 155.535 rather than having to listen for them on 154.935. Odd that they would license this pair differently despite apparently using them the same way (although the talkaround listing is one big difference, since AFAIK they are not using any of the troop frequency pairs in talkaround mode at any time; they go to base for repeating to other mobiles and base reception only).

Verrrrry curious. I've added both of the frequencies to my scanner and listed them in my mobile as a pair but without a PL (some NYSP frequencies apparently do not use PL tones, like 154.695, 155.370 and 155.475). And we'll see what happens. their license has not yet been approved, but they can start using the frequencies anyway prior to licensing while their app is being processed.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
You be hard stretched to hear much of anything on Troop around hear anymore. there using there mobile puters and in Greene on the Mtn using State Freq since they blow some dept off the air up north on 155.535 from Hunter transmitter. They used to use the Stamford transmitter on 155.535 as well but i have noticed thats not been going on either. And as far as i know there still simplex to base and car freqs. when i do hear them using troop thats what i hear

KC2zZe

I've added both of the frequencies to my scanner and listed them in my mobile as a pair but without a PL (some NYSP frequencies apparently do not use PL tones, like 154.695, 155.370 and 155.475).
While the barracks may not transmit a tone on State, Statewide, or Nationwide, the mobiles and portables do (110.9). I always keep those channels programmed in my scanners with the tone search mode on.

their license has not yet been approved, but they can start using the frequencies anyway prior to licensing while their app is being processed.
With FCC Enfarcement being what it is, you may be able to get away with it; but your statement about using frequencies prior to a license being issued is not true.

Last edited:

azraphale

Actually, having just recently applied for and received a Public Safety license from the FCC, I can assure you that it is true. See Part 90.159(b)(6); this states that Public Safety applicants, after frequency coordination, may legally operate on these frequencies after the application has been at the FCC for 10 business days.

Status
Not open for further replies.