Nysp p-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog1

Silent Key
Sorry if I started a new thread, but I couldn't remember if this were discussed before. In a previous thread regarding ENCON, it was stated that the NYSP have 154.665 also programmed in P-25. My question is, which Troop ?

here in Troop G, zone 3, I have heard P-25 on 154.665, but after entering it in a p-25 capable radio, I found that it was the New Hampshire State Police.

If troop G actually has 154.665 in P-25, I will make certain that it is included in a P-25 capable scanner.

Thank you.

KA1RBI

Sorry if I started a new thread, but I couldn't remember if this were discussed before. In a previous thread regarding ENCON, it was stated that the NYSP have 154.665 also programmed in P-25. My question is, which Troop ?

Thank you.

Here (in CNY) we've got a big NYS E&G P25 system and I've noticed several annoying intermod products up and down the VHF band. One of these pops up on 154.665 and it's strong enough that a) it happens on different radios having different IF schemes and b) if you tune a P25 capable scanner to 154.665 you can hear the NYSEG dispatcher talking sometimes.

Not saying that NYSP doesn't use P25, and complaints about intermod are usually pretty uninteresting, but just thought I'd mention...

Best Regards

Max

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
I have heard it in troop B when they had their new radios installed. It was only one car clearly non of the other cars noticed it. It has sense been corrected

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
here in Troop G, zone 3, I have heard P-25 on 154.665, but after entering it in a p-25 capable radio, I found that it was the New Hampshire State Police.

Thank you.

I would agree and say that it is New Hampshire, which plows into New York as you very well know. Did they actually hear comms, or just the digital signal and assume?

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Nope we are located right on the Canadian border as I look at my window I see Canada. We sometimes get skip from VT but that's about it other than Canada

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Nope we are located right on the Canadian border as I look at my window I see Canada. We sometimes get skip from VT but that's about it other than Canada

Then i wold change your location to "Way up north" lol. in all seriousness it could be NYSEG or mobiletech. i hear NYSEG bleed into our frequencies in syracuse, were working on getting new frequencies.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Nope was not anyone else I decoded and listened and can confirm NYSP Troop B car . I am unsure what mobile they are using now. I know they no longer use the PRE GE Star tone in my area and they also all carry the Motorola APX7000 Portable now VHF-800

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I'm still digging through my monitor logs but I do know that I had also picked up P-25 traffic in Latham that was not NHSP. The NHSP use NAC 826 I believe, and if I remember correctly, the NAC I was hearing was NAC 100. They were doing radio tests with a station in analog mode using the standard CTCSS of 110.9 Hz. The units in question were both mobile (or portable) units and not specific base stations.

Once I find the actual log notes, I will post them.

Kevin

D

DaveNF2G

Not police, but I get Keene, NH, fire/EMS dispatch on an indoor antenna in the Albany area. They are also reliable in the mobile.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
It's been a while but I finally found my log. It was from October 26, 2011 from one of my usual monitoring points in the Latham, NY area. 154.665 MHz. NAC 100 - both encrypted and non-encrypted traffic. It sounded like radio techs doing radio tests, at least from the non-encrypted side of the conversation. At one point an analog radio using 110.9 Hz. joined into the tests and it seemed like the analog radio could decode both the encrypted and non-encrypted traffic. Testing only went on for a couple of minutes, then all units disappeared and no further traffic except for typical car to car traffic.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
A few months ago when the Governor was in the area I had the ESD freq in my scanner I indeed heard encrypted p25 on that frequency. Idk if this helps but it does confirm that NYSP does have p25 capabilities and would expect that with the new mobiles and portables they are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Junie55

Here in Allegany County I have 40 P-25 Conventional hits on 155.565 with a NAC of N917 over the last 2 months. I have these recorded but I have been unable to hear any voices during playback.

Under license KA6004 they have a listed emmision of 8K10F1E, so they are licensed to use P-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.