NYSP Post ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Just heard a NYSP (3F57) car calling out of service with a POST id....which is strange as i always thought they were PRE maybe one of them new fangled radios...ehhhh

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Maybe a fluke with who ever programmed it..Was it the same old GE Star? Years ago I remember hearing a Troop K car calling out saying they were arriving at Dutchess County Jail and that car and a Pre and Post ID

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Yes post id GE Star...and the car in question has the tell tail 800 mhz antenna on the left rear corner......so i guess after seeing it i answered my own question....i didnt notice what kind of VHF it had...passed it wasnt behind it

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that it is being changed from "key" to "unkey" so Troopers don't have to wait for the PTT tone. It probably also works out better with the vehicle repeater; the Trooper on the portable wouldn't be able to hear a PTT tone.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that it is being changed from "key" to "unkey" so Troopers don't have to wait for the PTT tone. It probably also works out better with the vehicle repeater; the Trooper on the portable wouldn't be able to hear a PTT tone.

I see your point..When you are calling for help you don't want to wait for the PTT ID.

c0untyb0y

yessir! and this is a HUGE change in the way NYSP does business, actually. this whole radio upgrade is going to be nothing but growing pains. compound this with the move away from the old NYSPIN application to the new E-Justice system and you'll likely get an earful from a Trooper.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
yessir! and this is a HUGE change in the way NYSP does business, actually. this whole radio upgrade is going to be nothing but growing pains. compound this with the move away from the old NYSPIN application to the new E-Justice system and you'll likely get an earful from a Trooper.

Are you kidding? I LOVE the portal!!

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I spoke to a Zone 3 trooper today and he knew nothing other than there changeing radios......i guess if there car dont have one its on a need to know.......unreal

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I see your point..When you are calling for help you don't want to wait for the PTT ID.

Yes it DOES suck! But then again they all have the "emergency button" - but that still sucks because you have to try to block punches for a couple/three seconds while one hand/arm is busy!

Mike

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Yes it DOES suck! But then again they all have the "emergency button" - but that still sucks because you have to try to block punches for a couple/three seconds while one hand/arm is busy!

Mike

I know NYSDCOS have a pin on their radios they can pull just for that fact...easier to pull a pin then push a button while one arm/hand his busy.

c0untyb0y

how was that Portal working for everyone yesterday afternoon? not too well from what I can tell. neither were the legacy Enforcer clients. were the Metros down too?

Status
Not open for further replies.