NYSP Radio Set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
There was a recent incident in my area that involved a barricaded subject who was shooting at police, during the incident a trooper dropped their radio and the subject was able to retrieve said radio and started making threats over the county police channel. At one point the dispatcher for SP came over the troop channel and instructed every one to switch StatTac, not sure if I heard the name right. I'm assuming this channel is probably P25 with some kind of flavor of encryption.

Does NYSP have over the air rekeying enabled on their radios? The subject had an SP radio so I'm sure if he figured out how to change the channel or zones he could of been able to monitor them and make threats over that channel as well.

Bob1955

Since most of NYSP uses an ancient half-duplex VHF system without OTA MDC killing ability, I’d say they were SOL on that option.
I'm in Lower Westchester County, NY:
Troop K(TMC) Base To Car:155.505
" " " Car to base:154.920
" " " Car to car:154.665
I have a Bearcat BCD-996P2 with the CTCSS programmed in for Zone 2/3 Cars in Poughkepsie, NY and non Poughkepsie, NY and now i'm not hearing anything. Does anyone know if the PL's were changed? Westchester County Police(155.310/192.8) and New York State Thruway Authority come in fine.(453.425/453.525)-97.4
Hope everyone had a nice Summer and a safe Labor Day holiday.
And yes, Signal-Zero, their system is ANCIENT. I remember back in the 70's/80's, it was all low band.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
At one point the dispatcher for SP came over the troop channel and instructed everyone to switch StatTac, not sure if I heard the name right. I'm assuming this channel is probably P25 with some kind of flavor of encryption.

SP Poughkeepsie Instructed everyone to switch over to the "TAC SAC" Channel as the dispatcher had stated that the channel was compromised. I'm assuming this is maybe the NYSP Tactical Secure channel on 155.565 (P25E 917 NAC) or one of their 700 Mhz P25 Encrypted channels.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
SP Poughkeepsie Instructed everyone to switch over to the "TAC SAC" Channel as the dispatcher had stated that the channel was compromised. I'm assuming this is maybe the NYSP Tactical Secure channel on 155.565 (P25E 917 NAC) or one of their 700 Mhz P25 Encrypted channels.

I was monitoring 155.565 for any activity but I didn't catch anything, I was also scanning the 700 band, probably not close enough to catch any activity.

10-75

Feed Provider
As far as I know, they killed the radio.... Either over the air or simply shut down the vehicular repeater that the radio was linked to...

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I have a few questions when NYSP is ganna go Digital Talkgoups System
on P25 like Troop L and E F G K also Troop A
Who knows. I know for Troop A, they talk a lot on the county channels. They have a TG on the Catt Co system (Troop A), TG's on Livingston Co (Troop E). Monitoring the Troop A vhf channels, there is very little traffic. I don't know if there really is a need for it.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Listen to the Base to Mobile and Mobile to Base channels. Dispatcher will talk on Base to Mobile. Cars will talk back on Mobile to Base. Its a "different" system, not like plain simplex channel, or a repeater channel you may be used to, but it works for them generally. Also, not sure what also might be used in your area, check the county run trunked radio systems. I am from the complete opposite side of the state so I obviously don't monitor Troop L, but check out the Suffolk Co Smartzone system and Nassau Co EDACS system. Might be what your looking for there.

Status
Not open for further replies.