NYSP Thruway Troop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

I've noticed there appears to be no more listing for the Thruway (I90) in the NYSP database listing.

Does anyone know why?

It does look like it is still listed in the NYSDOT section, but I haven't been near that area lately to see if it's in fact still active there.

AuntEnvy

I'm aware of that

There is an entire database section for the Thruway Authority.
NYS Thruway Authority Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

State Police on the Thruway operate on the same UHF channels as Thruway operations.

On the State Police database page, under Troop T it says to see the Thruway page.

I was wondering if anyone knew why it was no longer listed under the NYSP and if it was actually still being used on the Thruway channels.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
I was wondering if anyone knew why it was no longer listed under the NYSP and if it was actually still being used on the Thruway channels.

Because it is not a Division of State Police radio system. As stayed already they are on the Thruway Authority system.

D

DaveNF2G

It's an administrative decision by the database managers that bears no relation to the entity that is actually transmitting on the frequencies.

Ideally, the UHF Thruway channels should be listed twice: in the NYSP section and in the highway section.

AuntEnvy

Thanks Dave

It's an administrative decision by the database managers that bears no relation to the entity that is actually transmitting on the frequencies.

Ideally, the UHF Thruway channels should be listed twice: in the NYSP section and in the highway section.

That part has been cleared up, and I'll assume they are still operating on the Thruway designations then.

I haven't been near the Thruway lately so I wondered if they switched to another system or something since I noticed the "T troop" was removed from the NYSP page.

AuntEnvy

Actually

Because it is not a Division of State Police radio system. As stayed already they are on the Thruway Authority system.

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate since I'm willing to bet this troop has all of the NYSP frequencies.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not sure if this is completely accurate since I'm willing to bet this troop has all of the NYSP frequencies.

Since 99 & 44/100 of every other NYSP Troop operates on VHF, yes they have VHF radios in the cars as well. The State Police system and the Thruway Authority system are different systems.

AuntEnvy

I know they are different systems

Since 99 & 44/100 of every other NYSP Troop operates on VHF, yes they have VHF radios in the cars as well. The State Police system and the Thruway Authority system are different systems.

That's not what I'm asking about. So, I'm not sure who is not understanding who with this query.

I also don't understand what the numbers you referenced are supposed to mean...?

lafd55

I really don't think you are getting it..... Troop T is in the State Police Section, but because they operate on a different system there is a link to that system. Troop T does not have any VHF frequencies associated with that troop by themselves but still have a VHF radio with the Statewide frequencies (i.e. Statewide, Car-to-Car, Bulletins). Also Troop T does not designate their vehicles as the usual format of xTxx but rather by their Thruway designation (i.e. 7727, 743, 7794, etc.). The only VHF frequency I ever hear in Troop T is Car-to-car when there is a BCI passing radar or to each other.

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
I took 99 & 44/100 to mean almost 100%.

Ivory makes soap that doesn't float, too. Why did they mess with a good thing!

......and in an effort to stay a little on topic, when I go to the link in Post #2 and
click on any of the callsigns, I get this: error on FCC Query-> Table 'rrdb.EN' doesn't exist.

When I go to the link in Post #2 and click and the tab "FCC Licenses" I get this:
error on FCC Count Query-> AND EN.entity_name IN ("New York State Thruway Authority") AND ( HD.radio_service_code IN ("YF","YE","YP","SL","SY","YW") OR HD.radio_service_code IN ("GF","GP","IQ","PW","QM","PA","SG","SP","GE"))
Table 'rrdb.EN' doesn't exist

What's up with that?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
The call Numbers in the 700's or 7000's are Trooper specific.....its there T way shield if you will....on top they have a SP shield number....only time the use 1T11 or whatever is when there on there VHF radio..unless calling each other on VHF then they use the 7 number..

ecps92

I just clicked on it and went from the RR DB to the RRDB w/ Call , then onto the FCC w/o problems. Maybe the FCC was doing maint again.

I took 99 & 44/100 to mean almost 100%.

Ivory makes soap that doesn't float, too. Why did they mess with a good thing!

......and in an effort to stay a little on topic, when I go to the link in Post #2 and
click on any of the callsigns, I get this: error on FCC Query-> Table 'rrdb.EN' doesn't exist.

When I go to the link in Post #2 and click and the tab "FCC Licenses" I get this:
error on FCC Count Query-> AND EN.entity_name IN ("New York State Thruway Authority") AND ( HD.radio_service_code IN ("YF","YE","YP","SL","SY","YW") OR HD.radio_service_code IN ("GF","GP","IQ","PW","QM","PA","SG","SP","GE"))
Table 'rrdb.EN' doesn't exist

What's up with that?

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
That's not what I'm asking about. So, I'm not sure who is not understanding who with this query.

I also don't understand what the numbers you referenced are supposed to mean...?

My point was there are Division of State Police Troops that do not operate on the conventional VHF radio system that every other Troop does, they are Troop T which operates on the Thruway Authority UHF System they do not have their own VHF System and Troop NYC which operates on the Metro 25 and does not have their own VHF System.

The troopers on the Thruway are detailed to the Thruway Authority, and the dispatchers are Thruway Authority Communications Officers.

AuntEnvy

I really don't think you are getting it..... Troop T is in the State Police Section, but because they operate on a different system there is a link to that system. Troop T does not have any VHF frequencies associated with that troop by themselves but still have a VHF radio with the Statewide frequencies (i.e. Statewide, Car-to-Car, Bulletins). Also Troop T does not designate their vehicles as the usual format of xTxx but rather by their Thruway designation (i.e. 7727, 743, 7794, etc.). The only VHF frequency I ever hear in Troop T is Car-to-car when there is a BCI passing radar or to each other.

Well, at least you provided me with some info I didn't know, which was the numerical designation.

Apparently I must be stating my replies incorrectly along with the confusing question to begin with. I already understood the other info people are relaying, but thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.