NYSP Troop B

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I wonder if EnCon will be able to keep Ray Brook open after that. They still need it.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
I do not foresee Ray Brook Region 5 dispatch going anywhere. They tried that already and it did not last long.

SCPD

QRT
Yes they will also be shutting down Ray Brook dispatch, not at all different from what was done in Troop G

Where did you hear this? I can Barely receive lewis now in keene valley and whos going to dispatch SP in our area.. Also note 155.595 pl 110.9 in use over this way as well as 167.9...

Lewis will not be able to Penetrate to the east branch ausable area due to the the mountainous terrain where emergencies are prone to happen in winter conditions... And gore SP transmitters are almost unheard of...

Troop cars here can barely reach Ray Brook imagine switching to P25 and penetrating a 1/4 mile mountain peak between Keene and Elizabethtown just to transmit to lewis..
I see nothing but headaches coming up Unless SP are going with repeaters

Any more info please?
Thanks

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
Where did you hear this? I can Barely receive lewis now in keene valley and whos going to dispatch SP in our area.. Also note 155.595 pl 110.9 in use over this way as well as 167.9...

Lewis will not be able to Penetrate to the east branch ausable area due to the the mountainous terrain where emergencies are prone to happen in winter conditions... And gore SP transmitters are almost unheard of...

Troop cars here can barely reach Ray Brook imagine switching to P25 and penetrating a 1/4 mile mountain peak between Keene and Elizabethtown just to transmit to lewis..
I see nothing but headaches coming up Unless SP are going with repeaters

Any more info please?
Thanks

From what I have heard the dispatchers are going. The State Police are not getting rid of any transmitters and Lewis will be able to access all the transmitters the Ray Brook uses.

SCPD

QRT
From what I have heard the dispatchers are going. The State Police are not getting rid of any transmitters and Lewis will be able to access all the transmitters the Ray Brook uses.

Wonder how its going to work when the new microwave system fails From Tree Growth and all?
I heard through pressrepublican.com they are installing in vehicles already?
And the microwave system is almost done and That they are just waiting to POWER UP belfry... and the new Multicast go live by fall...

Essex Co. public-safety radio system almost complete » Friday » Press-Republican

also note there was already a test done On the system

Home
"following a very successful test run on the soon-to-be 911 Radio System"

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Microwave paths are NOT an issue in Troop B. Almost ALL connections to the remote base stations are done via leased line and have been that way for many years. Unless things have changed in Troop B, there aren't any microwave hops from or to anywhere.

SCPD

QRT
Microwave paths are NOT an issue in Troop B. Almost ALL connections to the remote base stations are done via leased line and have been that way for many years. Unless things have changed in Troop B, there aren't any microwave hops from or to anywhere.

http://apa.ny.gov/Mailing/2013/01/FullAgency/P2012-0128-20121218-LRW- F-OrderandFindings-slp.pdf

note PROJECT DESCRIPTION AS PROPOSED
The project involves a comprehensive emergency communication system, a part of which will be shared by Essex County, the NYSP, and NYSEG. The system includes a microwave loop and paging and land mobile radio (LMR) antennas. Additional infrastructure proposed by other entities are also proposed as part of the system.

also note Infrastructure owned by the NYSP and, unless otherwise noted, used by Essex County, NYSEG, and the NYSP:
One (1) eight-foot microwave dish antenna with radome installed at a centerline elevation of 120± feet AGL;
One (1) six-foot microwave dish antenna with radome installed at a centerline elevation of 120± feet AGL;
One (1) six-foot microwave dish antenna with radome installed at a centerline elevation of 130± feet AGL;
One (1) eight-foot microwave dish antenna with radome installed at a centerline elevation of 160± feet AGL;
One (1) ten-foot microwave dish antenna with radome installed at a centerline elevation of 160± feet AGL;
One (1) 20 foot dipole LMR antenna installed at a tip elevation of 141± feet AGL and used by NYSP only; and
One (1) 10 foot long interoperability whip antenna mounted at a tip elevation of 118± feet AGL. This antenna will owned by the NYSP and used by Essex County.

Sites not subject to Agency review:
Whiteface Mountain Summit
NYSP will replace an existing two-foot microwave dish antenna located inside the summit observatory with a new two-foot microwave dish antenna inside the observatory but in a different location.
Blue Mountain Tower (Wild Forest)
NYSP will change the angle of an existing four-foot microwave dish antenna located at a centerline elevation of 69± feet AGL and will remove a six-foot microwave dish antenna located at 62± feet AGL and anice shield located at 66± feet AGL.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Why do assume the microwave would fail with tree growth? Normally paths are designed with a margin for x years of tree growth in the paths.

Have you seen tree growth in the Adirondacks? especially Essex county where some mountain tops are over 1/2 mile above ground level?

how many x years? The system currently in use is from the 1950's so perhaps 60 years worth of tree growth before another (60 years) system is built.

SCPD

QRT
Right. So, they want to BUILD a ring, to be shared by multiple users / agencies...

Correct and the private lines that Verizon has are so outdated and undermaintained that there are nothing but communications issues with broken t1 lines...
That's why the improved/new microwave system is going in place.
Also not this will be a completely "NEW" radio system and dispatch center consoles

“In addition to improved capacity, the new microwave system is planned to have connectivity with the proposed Essex County system and future connections to Franklin County and other counties within the Adirondack Interoperable Communications Consortium: Franklin, Clinton, Essex, Warren, Washington, Hamilton, Fulton, Montgomery and Saratoga counties.”

Essex, Clinton counties to get millions in state grants » Local News » Press-Republican

Status
Not open for further replies.