NYSP Troop G Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Since Colonie went to digital, I have been looking for other things to listen to while at home. I recently have loaded up the NYSP Troop G (Zone 1) channels to one of my empty scanner banks.

I have noticed that in the evening and at night (when I typically listen) it appears that when troopers run data & information, it occurs on the F-1 dispatch channel rather than F-4 COMDATA (155.550). I haven't heard any traffic on 155.550 lately at all.

Has this been going on for a while, or is it something new? I wonder if Troop G will have new plans for 155.550?

Kevin

kc2kvz

Premium Subscriber
Kevin;
There seems to be little rhyme or reason as to how F-4 gets used. I have heard traffic on it quite a bit, then nothing for what seems like days at a time. I sometimes think it may have to do with how busy it is, what's going on in the troop/zone, or maybe even how many dispatchers are working. As they say on TV, stay tuned!

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
There was something a while back in the Post Star about the State Police moving the dispatchers at the Wilton barracks (Zone 2) down to COMSEC, which had already dispatched for Zone 1...perhaps that has something to do with it. I'm hearing the same thing in regards to traffic stops on F1

Status
Not open for further replies.