NYSP Troop G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello fellow scanners I live in Montgomery County new york and I listen to the NYSP Troop G. I was just wondering if someone could help me out and let me know what tones I should use with the following frequencies so that I do not miss any of the action.

Frequency Tone

155.445 ?
154.680 ?
154.665 ?
154.695 ?
155.550 ?
155.370 ?
155.475 ?
155.565 ?

Thank You

Al42

cookiend15 said:
Hello fellow scanners I live in Montgomery County new york and I listen to the NYSP Troop G. I was just wondering if someone could help me out and let me know what tones I should use with the following frequencies so that I do not miss any of the action.
If you don't program any tone you'll get all transmissions.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Just by glancing at the list I can tell you...

One can safely use 110.9 with 154.665, SP car-to-car. You'll hear 99.9% of all transmissions made on that channel.

154.695, SP State Channel, is an interesting problem. DSP field units transmit using tone 110.9. The bases in my area, at present, are carrier squelch. Therefore, order to hear both ends of a conversation, I need to monitor in csq. If you have a local interference issue; then use 110.9 to screen for local units calling a base - and program into your scanner's very next channel the same frequency, but without a tone and lock it out. If you hear a car calling a base you can press manual, and manual again to hear the entire conversation.

155.370, Police Statewide, is another interesting problem. Unlike in New Jersey, where a standard tone is used on their Statewides (131.8), New York still hasn't grasped this 20th century concept yet - despite the fact that we're well into the 21st century. Therefore, I recommend this frequency be monitored in csq in order to hear any units using it. Now, as I mentioned above...should you have local interference issues (say you live near the Passaic County, NJ border and every time Prospect Park Fire Department keys up it's repeater [who's output happens to be 155.3375], you're hearing it as bleed-over on 155.370), be aware that DSP field units do use 110.9 on the transmit side. Other agencies use other tones (I've seen 151.4, 123.0, and others). You'll have to set up your scanner as suggested above...155.370, 110.9 in one channel...155.370 with any other tones you find in use in your area in the next channel(s), and 155.370, csq, locked out, after.

155.475, Police Nationwide, needs to be monitored in carrier squelch in order to be able to hear any units using the frequency.

155.565, DSP Tactical, is another bizzare issue. Some SP units use 110.9. Others use 79.7. Therefore, unless you have two channels to spare to program in both combinations, you'll have to monitor in csq - just like SP units do.

As to the rest of the frequencies...the hyperlink MB offered above has a decent list of tones to use with them.

SCANdal

MB

Feed Provider
Good post SCANdal..

Just a brief note on 154.695..

154.695 (State frequency) is used here in Troop B as the "Emergency Channel". Troop B Communications Headquarters in Ray Brook use this channel in CSQ mode to announce B.O.L.O.s, missing people, wanted people, stolen vehicles, robberies, or any other major event that is taking place. If a mobile unit is in pursuit or has any other sreious emergency going on they call a signal 30 and use 154.695 PL110.9 for their transmissions. Very important channel to have programed CSQ. I use the ATT function on my scanners when I am having problems with interference on 154.695, but I always keep it CSQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.