NYSP Troop K and Nycomco edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Okay in the DB understate wide for the NYSP, there is a note under Troop K saying that they have access on NYCOMCO's edacs system, that is inaccurate. NYSP has NO talkgroups on NYCOMCO's Edacs system.

You might hear NYSP on the City of Poughkeepsie talk groups during impact details during the summer but however they are issued a City portable during the detail.

D

DaveNF2G

If you hear Troopers on the system, then they "have access" as the DB states.

Spec

When working in the City of Poughkeepsie on details they pick up a "city portable" owned by the city PD

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, NYSP K has no native access to NYCOMCO as far as I'm aware, that entry has confused me for a while.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
If you hear Troopers on the system, then they "have access" as the DB states.

No they don't. As I stated in my pervious post when they are working impact with the City of Poughkeepsie they are issued a City portable with City talkgroups, that is leased by the City of Poughkeepsie from NYCOMCO.

NYSP K does not have regular access on the system.

However MTA PD does. They actually have mobiles in a few of their cars and will pop up on the city and town of pok and city of beacon talkgroups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spec

However MTA PD does. They actually have mobiles in a few of their cars and will pop up on the city and town of pok and city of beacon talkgroups.

Actually the MTA PD only has a couple of portables and access to Twn-Cty, CPPD Patrol 1, and a couple other talk grps.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Actually the MTA PD only has a couple of portables and access to Twn-Cty, CPPD Patrol 1, and a couple other talk grps.

A while back I'm pretty sure I saw at least one of their cars with a MDX and a 800 antenna on it. I could be wrong though.

I know as of two years ago they had a MDX set up at their beacon office as a base

It wouldn't make much sense for them to have mobiles in the cars being that they can rotate them around.

D

DaveNF2G

No they don't. As I stated in my pervious post when they are working impact with the City of Poughkeepsie they are issued a City portable with City talkgroups, that is leased by the City of Poughkeepsie from NYCOMCO.

NYSP K does not have regular access on the system.

I think you're splitting hairs. They can use the system. They have access, even if it is limited to using other people's radios.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I think you're splitting hairs. They can use the system. They have access, even if it is limited to using other people's radios.

Please. I live in the area I monitor the system almost every day.

I will let you have the last word. No sense of trying to explain how things work down here to someone not even from the area and can't even hear the system.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member

I think the point KC2OBW was making was that it's listed in the database that they have "access" to the system. I also believe this is misleading as they do not have any talkgroups on the system and have zero LID numbers meaning they are not a paid subscriber. This is different from Troop F for example. While they don't have their own talkgroup, they have radios installed in their vehicles with an assigned LID number that your tax dollars pay for and come up on multiple talk groups.

If we went ahead and listed in the DB every agency that had "access" to others systems, we would run out of storage. I have a VHF, UHF and 800 radio in my work car. My VHF and UHF have over 1000 channels in them and I'm authorized to transmit on the vast majority. So should my agency list every other frequency I have access to? What about when I'm thrown a portable from another agency when conducting a joint op for a short duration? Should we edit the DB to show that now I have "access?"

I'm not attacking you Dave. I believe you are not looking at the full scope and intent of the original post.

Off my soapbox...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DaveNF2G

I'm not sure why anyone is assuming I can't hear the system in question. I can hear parts of it at times.

Anyway....

I understand the meaning and intent of the OP. Perhaps we need another word besides "access" to indicate the fact that certain agencies who are not directly customers of NYCOMCO can be heard transmitting on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.