NYSP Troop K Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to a pursuit involving Troop K mobiles. 1K11 and others on 155.505 110.0 Pl. They are operating on a repeater. This is the frequency I normally hear Troop D and K base. I'm no longer hearing the base units. The cars are transmitting to each other and to SP Catskill and SP Poughkeepsie.

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Southern Adirondacks and I'd have to guess this is at least 100 miles South of me. Just heard Poughkeepsie calling 1K17. Do the cars have the ability to switch to the base frequency for emergency traffic?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I am not a expert but as i recall SP Poughkeepsie or others as well has the ability to turn a mountain top base to a repeater when needed....i heard part of the same call

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, they repeaterized once before when they had a big to do between New York and Connecticut a few years back.

KC2zZe

I am listening to a pursuit involving Troop K mobiles. 1K11 and others on 155.505 110.0 Pl. They are operating on a repeater. This is the frequency I normally hear Troop D and K base. I'm no longer hearing the base units. The cars are transmitting to each other and to SP Catskill and SP Poughkeepsie.
How did SP Catskill (a Troop F barracks) get involved in a Troop K incident on Troop K channels?

Spec

Purely speculation here: The Rip Van Winkle Br. is in that area which spans the Hudson River.(Zone 1 Troop K and Troop F) And the PL is 110.9.

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
I heard mention of Rt. 9W. Not sure how that plays into the geography of things. The pl tone is 110.9, I mistakenly said I heard 110.0 which is obviously incorrect.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I heard mention of Rt. 9W. Not sure how that plays into the geography of things. The pl tone is 110.9, I mistakenly said I heard 110.0 which is obviously incorrect.
The Rip Van Winkle Bridge is Route 23 which intersects with 9W right in the heart of Catskill village.

Your location up on that hill makes all the difference in scanner listening, doesn't it? I'm right in the village and am lucky if I can pick up the local sheriff cars or fire units in the southern part of the county. :(

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
It does in fact, Steve. Most days, I can hear NYSP base stations from B, C, D, F, G and K Troops. I regularly hear mobile units from Zones 1 & 2 in G Troop, and occasionally from B, C, D, F and K Troops. In the winter months without leaves and with some snow cover, Troop T comes in pretty strong.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
This partial newspaper post might answer the Troop G and F assist.....23 leads to 9W and if you head North.... Coxsackie is on the way

Hudson man flees police, injures officer

Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:46 pm | Updated: 3:51 pm, Wed Mar 26, 2014.
By Arthur Cusano
Columbia-Greene Media | 0 comments
COXSACKIE — A Hudson man faces several charges after allegedly leading police on a two-county car chase that injured a city police officer Tuesday afternoon.
Austin Suarez, 18, of Hudson, was arrested after a chase though Hudson and into Greene County on Tuesday afternoon, according to Hudson police.

Status
Not open for further replies.