NYSP - Troop K Poughkeepsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
I just want to make sure I am not alone over here, You can not get NYSP other than the main dispatch right? Even the low 150-something they dispatch on comes in pretty weak if at all. I will pick up a car to car if I hear them call out a traffic stop very close (<1 mile from me)

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I just want to make sure I am not alone over here, You can not get NYSP other than the main dispatch right? Even the low 150-something they dispatch on comes in pretty weak if at all. I will pick up a car to car if I hear them call out a traffic stop very close (<1 mile from me)

To hear car to car (154.665) and car to base (154.920) you will have to be in close proximity to the transmitting unit(s). Depending on your set up the range you will hear them will vary.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Don't know where you are and everything varies from setup to location but i can tell you my experience.

Over here in Northern Westchester, I am completely overcome by the strong signal of Poughkeepsie Dispatch. Thats on 155.505. Sometimes when TMC is transmitting,the dispatcher will get stepped on by Poughkeepsie, the stronger signal wins in this situation and that signal is Poughkeepsie Dispatch, but thats only the Dispatch side of it.
On the "response " side of things on 154.92 i only hear transmissions around town and some surrounding areas. But Not every single transmission, i barely get them sometimes. I do occasionally hear cars in Putnam County but not very Often.
As Far as Car to Car Goes, i hear them alot around me and doing traffic stops around town. Again its very low signal if i get them at all.

Hope This Helps.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
Don't know where you are and everything varies from setup to location but i can tell you my experience.

Over here in Northern Westchester, I am completely overcome by the strong signal of Poughkeepsie Dispatch. Thats on 155.505. Sometimes when TMC is transmitting,the dispatcher will get stepped on by Poughkeepsie, the stronger signal wins in this situation and that signal is Poughkeepsie Dispatch, but thats only the Dispatch side of it.
On the "response " side of things on 154.92 i only hear transmissions around town and some surrounding areas. But Not every single transmission, i barely get them sometimes. I do occasionally hear cars in Putnam County but not very Often.
As Far as Car to Car Goes, i hear them alot around me and doing traffic stops around town. Again its very low signal if i get them at all.

Hope This Helps.
Wow! You get really good range !! I have a 25-900 on the roof and the Base to mobile on 155 comes in very scrambled.. Loud .. but scrambled, I also feel like I miss a good amount of dispatches, I can leave the channel on for 30+ mins without activity and I am IN Poughkeepsie .. you getting that from Westchester is amazing!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
There are multiple towers the base transmits on. I'm not sure where all of their transmitters are located. They do have a few based on Mount Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.