NYSP Troop K Zone 2 Repeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comspec

The other day I was listening to NYSP 155.505 Troop K. I was in Zone 3, but I clearly heard mobile units on 155.505 from Troop K Zone 2 talking to Poughkeepsie dispatch. There was no mistake and this was not another agency I was hearing. Like I said, I heard 2K## units clearly communicating with dispatch. I have not heard this since and it seemed to be an isolated incident. Has anyone ever notice what sounded like repeated mobile units on NYSP channel? They were all responding to some type of incident. Is it possible that they can repeat if necessary to coordinate multiple units responding to the same call?

Just curious.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's possible the base was keyed and you were hearing the troop cars in the background audio. Maybe it was an open mic, or maybe it was done on purpose so they could hear one another for whatever reason.

Do you have a more specific timeframe than "the other day"? Maybe audio of it can be found on an area live feed archive.

comspec

I can''t remember the exact day or time. I think it might have been Thursay around 1PM.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I have heard this on state Freq as well...... Someone once posted something about when they linked some stuff together it does this

Status
Not open for further replies.