NYSP Troop K

Status
Not open for further replies.

comspec

Listening to NYSP Troop K and I am hearing some troop cars being repeated on the base frequency 155.505. As near as I can tell, it is only Zone 2 units I am hearing. I am not hearing any Zone 1 or 3 units. Just wondering if anyone is hearing this as well and if anyone has any insight as to why it may be happening.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Listening to NYSP Troop K and I am hearing some troop cars being repeated on the base frequency 155.505. As near as I can tell, it is only Zone 2 units I am hearing. I am not hearing any Zone 1 or 3 units. Just wondering if anyone is hearing this as well and if anyone has any insight as to why it may be happening.

I have been hearing this too, I have no idea why they are doing this. My guess is as good as yours. Alto maybe once I heard a Zone 3 Unit being repeated on 155.505, But yes mostly like you said, it's Zone 2 Units.

Im situated in the middle of TMC and SP PK so I receive both dispatch centers, and now with these troop cars in the field being repeated on 155.505. Units transmitting are stepping over each other like crazy and I can't follow the conversations all. Very frustrating.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Years ago the NYSP setup repeaters at certain sites in the region. I distinctly recall it happening with Troop F, and vaguely recall Troop K also testing one or two. I believe this coincided with the narrowbanding, when they replaced some of the infrastructure.

Sounds like someone turned one of those repeaters on in Troop K. Whether that was intentional or not, I guess enjoy it while it lasts.

comspec

Thanks. I will keep listening to see if I can hear zone 3 or if it stops. I live in zone 3 (TMC) so if anyone were to be repeated I wish it was zone 3. Zone 2 (Poughkeepsie) always had a much stronger signal so hearing the dispatch is nothing new, but got thrown off when i started hearing the cars as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Word on the street is that at least one site in Troop K's area recently had a rack with Motorola GTR 8000 base stations installed, presumably to replace the GE MASTR III base stations. This may or may not be related to the topic of this thread. :sneaky:

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I will keep listening to see if I can hear zone 3 or if it stops. I live in zone 3 (TMC) so if anyone were to be repeated I wish it was zone 3. Zone 2 (Poughkeepsie) always had a much stronger signal so hearing the dispatch is nothing new, but got thrown off when i started hearing the cars as well.
Are the Zone 3 cars that are dispatched by TMC on a different frequency or is the Base to Mobile frequency that's listed in the DB for Troop K where they operate?

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Today I'm hearing Zone 3 cars calling into the TMC in full repeat mode. The audio sounds very good.
OMG for a second I thought it was Troop T (I have all my NYSP analog freqs programmed as a single zone to make it simple for troop T which is my morning traffic report before heading out and it’s a voted system on the troopers radios also…. No flipping thru channels other then tactical talk around for the thruway) haha I said to myself hey let me throw Troop K and F all zones in the mix and see what I hear haha

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
OMG for a second I thought it was Troop T (I have all my NYSP analog freqs programmed as a single zone to make it simple for troop T which is my morning traffic report before heading out and it’s a voted system on the troopers radios also…. No flipping thru channels other then tactical talk around for the thruway) haha I said to myself hey let me throw Troop K and F all zones in the mix and see what I hear haha

Today I'm hearing Zone 3 cars calling into the TMC in full repeat mode. The audio sounds very good.

Yeah, it's great, I am hearing Zone 2 & 3 Cars on 155.505. I don't know what NYSP's intention is but enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Has been going on for at At least 3 or 4 weeks now. It's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.