NYSP Troop T question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

I am from NJ so I don't know please forgive me but it seems that all the Troop T divisions are the same freqs over and over again. To monitor the entire troop, all I would need is to program the Divisionwide freqs correct?

Also I noticed F-1 and F-2 are simulcasted, why is this so?

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Snorkel is right, but let me expand on that. The Thruway essentially operates on a poor mans simulcast system. The input frequency is always the same 458.425 with the proper PL for the zone. The repeater output alternates between the two frequencies. There is logic in the mobile radios that allow the radio to select the frequency with the best receive signal. Now you may be wondering what 458.525 is used for. That is a car-to-car channel. Quite handy to have programmed in the scanner you do (not) have in your car while on the Thruway.

xpawel15x

I can receive 453.42500 97.4 loud and clear but cannot receive anything on 453.42500 123.0

Am I too far? (Bergen County, NJ)

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
The 97.4 Hz. CTCSS tone is used in the New York Division, closest to you.

The 123.0 Hz. CTCSS tone is used in the Albany Division, which starts somewhere around Kingston I believe (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry in advance). The odds are, you are probably too far from the closest transmitter in the Albany Division to hear anything with the 123.0 Hz. tone.

The 97.4 Hz. tone is used again in the Syracuse Division, but you're way too far away to hear anything from them.

Kevin

snorkle

troop t

I was a thruway dispatcher for 31 years. we use to be on high band till the early 70's.
there are 5 zones and only 4 radio zones. new york. albany.syracuse and buffalo. Midhudson is in with new york. All repeaters are connected via fiber optics and some microwave.

wb2gye aka snorkle.

Last edited:

nightwatch

yep the good old days,and troop k was on 42.36 base 42.30 cars troop f was on 42.04 car/car 42.14
snorkle said:
wrecker 1 on the t-z bridge mid span sometimes would hit the albany tower on hgh band.

gcr33

What makes that the good old days? Low band that could be heard a 1000 miles away>

Status
Not open for further replies.