O.C.C.S. TRS. Co Wide site change

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyhetzel

There has been no changes to the Orange County CCCS system in the past few years at all. To use best practices you just enter in your primary and secondary CC channels and whatever changes are made to the system you won't notice it unless they re-band and this is going to happen for sure next year.

Thanks Pepsima, This is awesome blossom news. Anyone know where I can read how the newer Uniden XT scanner handle this type of information and how it makes it so easy for the end user ?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think if you go to Unidens website or RR database and look for the XT models owners manual you will hopefully be-able to find answers to what you are looking for. All user manuals are online now. This is how commercial grade Motorola radios are programmed too. Instead of adding talkgroup ID to your scanners you add the hex value number to a commercial grade radio to program an individual talkgroup

scottyhetzel

I think if you go to Unidens website or RR database and look for the XT models owners manual you will hopefully be-able to find answers to what you are looking for. All user manuals are online now. This is how commercial grade Motorola radios are programmed too. Instead of adding talkgroup ID to your scanners you add the hex value number to a commercial grade radio to program an individual talkgroup

Thank you Pepsima1 !

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
There has been no changes to the Orange County CCCS system in the past few years at all. To use best practices you just enter in your primary and secondary CC channels and whatever changes are made to the system you won't notice it unless they re-band and this is going to happen for sure next year.

Sorry it was supposed to be "Maybe they haven't changed..." Don't know how I typed what I did.

scottyhetzel

Entering only the CCs for ICIS and OCCS actually seems to improve scanning speed for me. I also used to enter all the channels, but figured out that only the CCs need to be entered a while back, and indeed, seems to improve scanning performance. Maybe its my imagination, but I think its less pain, and perhaps some gain.
Steve AA6IO

The a great point, the county wide cell for OCCS has 20 freq.. Thank you ghost wolf

Ps2jrg

So on my new BCD996XT I shouldn't just use the radio reference import feature when I want to program the occs? Just the control frequencies and the hex value number? Right now I just have the imported frequencies from radio reference but hardly hear anything on the Orange County System.

Ps2jrg

I used both freescan and proscan. I have tried importing with both applications but I rarely hear anything. I will here oc fire authority from time to time but that's it. I have an outdoor antenna which brings me good range, I'm sure something is not getting programmed right in the scanner. I can pick up signal hill PD which is also a trunked system. Any idea what's up?

rananthony04

I used both freescan and proscan. I have tried importing with both applications but I rarely hear anything. I will here oc fire authority from time to time but that's it. I have an outdoor antenna which brings me good range, I'm sure something is not getting programmed right in the scanner. I can pick up signal hill PD which is also a trunked system. Any idea what's up?

I was in your position years ago, wondering why I'm only hearing intermittent radio traffic. I read a thread somewhere about how to listen to a system with multiple CC's utilizing only one bank. I programmed 1 bank in my Pro 96/2096 with OCCS's CC's. In between each of the control channels, I put 1300.0000 in "FM" mode. Worked like a charm. Not sure if this is relevant to you, I just thought I'd share my experience with this.

pepsima1

Banned

Just P/M me with your email address and we will get all of this worked out for you.

Thanks

pepsima1

Banned
PM sent. I'm intrigued to know how adding 1300 would help.

Don't even think about the 1300 comment. Throw it out the window and forget about it. This type of programming is not best practices when programming a trunked system correctly.

Cheers

JoeyC

I agree. Programming 1300 was just some "trick" people used in programming OLDER scanners into getting the scanner to sample multiple control channels. Point is, program the scanner properly and you'll hear the system. 1300 is not the answer you need.

rananthony04

I agree. Programming 1300 was just some "trick" people used in programming OLDER scanners into getting the scanner to sample multiple control channels. Point is, program the scanner properly and you'll hear the system. 1300 is not the answer you need.

I knew I'd receive some grief about this! lol :roll:
I understand that newer scanners don't need 1300.000 between CC's. I was merely sharing my experience with being able to monitor multiple CC's in one bank with the 96/2096. I'm sure you all have a "proper" way of programming trunking systems, (and with the newer scanners on the market, programming is likely much easier), but back in 2004 (when I bought my Pro-96/2096), I was thrilled to be able to monitor all of OCCS using only one bank, instead of several.

Status
Not open for further replies.