O.C. Digital ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Just had a FD friend tell me that he isn't taking his Bearcat 245 to OC for a 9-11 ceremony because they went digital. Unless I'm reading the database wrong, I don't see reference to that. Can anyone confirm whether they are still EDACs Analog or not ? (pretty sure they are). Thanks.

EDACSTECH

bwhite said:
Just had a FD friend tell me that he isn't taking his Bearcat 245 to OC for a 9-11 ceremony because they went digital. Unless I'm reading the database wrong, I don't see reference to that. Can anyone confirm whether they are still EDACs Analog or not ? (pretty sure they are). Thanks.[/QU

Ocean City, MD has an EDACS system that can operate in both Analog & Digital "Provoice" mode(s). 99% of all calls are Analog including all Fire Calls. You can also receive Fire Calls on 158.895MHz & 154.085MHz.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The regular DC Motorola Smartzone Talkgroups for both Fire/EMS and Police are mostly digital with some encryption. Police Special Events Talkgroups, which your friend will likely be monitoring is analog. There are also some conventional simulcast freqs which are not APCO-25. I don't think Ocean City at 112 miles, is what your friend was meaning.

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
EDACSTECH said:
bwhite said:
Just had a FD friend tell me that he isn't taking his Bearcat 245 to OC for a 9-11 ceremony because they went digital. Unless I'm reading the database wrong, I don't see reference to that. Can anyone confirm whether they are still EDACs Analog or not ? (pretty sure they are). Thanks.[/QU

Ocean City, MD has an EDACS system that can operate in both Analog & Digital "Provoice" mode(s). 99% of all calls are Analog including all Fire Calls. You can also receive Fire Calls on 158.895MHz & 154.085MHz.

I take it the Police are not using the 460.325 anymore. I don't pick them up on this freq or digital.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
112 miles?
In previous years (including last Sept) I took my trusty 245 down and heard everything. Has something changed? If not, I'll know in about 2 weeks.
The

EDACSTECH

OCPD also operates most calls in 800MHz EDACS Analog with only a few groups on Provoice Digital. 460.325MHz was used years ago so county & state police could monitor calls that might require their response. The public and media also listened from this 400MHz channel before trunk scanners were sold. Both County & MSP Berlin have now moved to or added EDACS 800MHz radios & trunk tracker scanners work very well so the 400MHz patch was taken out of service.

I think the other reply thought OC was DC.

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
EDACSTECH said:
OCPD also operates most calls in 800MHz EDACS Analog with only a few groups on Provoice Digital. 460.325MHz was used years ago so county & state police could monitor calls that might require their response. The public and media also listened from this 400MHz channel before trunk scanners were sold. Both County & MSP Berlin have now moved to or added EDACS 800MHz radios & trunk tracker scanners work very well so the 400MHz patch was taken out of service.

Thank you for the response and info.

pinetree

I checked out OC today and PD and FD are on Analog Heard them fine from Rehoboth Beach on a Pro-97. You can also listen to the bus and train traffic if your are into that.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Thanx PineTree, what I thought.
It has to be a reeeeeal slow day for me to open up to bus and train transmissions.
The LifeGuards are usually quite verbose during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.