O.P.P. Essex County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

I just noticed that there is not much communications on 412.8875 ( London Comm ). But they have been using 410.8625 but very poor reception anybody know why?.

Thanks Again
TD

MetalCarnage

410.8625 is simply a vehicular repeater if i am not mistaken, so basically if the car is close to u it will be clear, if its not you will get weak reception........as far as the beat repeater you speak of that in your area is broadcast on 412.8875 i cant really comment on, someone else will have to do the fill in on this one as i jsut program in the Fleetnet system and never messed aroudn with conventional freq's, just listened to trunked....

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

Just wondering if there is anybody in the essex county area that knows what happen with the O.P.P London Comm channel 412.8875. In this area they used it all the time for regular calls.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thankyou Again
TD

jellotor

As MetalCarnage pointed out, you've been listening to either a vehicular repeater or a BEAT repeater. These repeaters are for use when an officer has to use his portable radio rather than his mobile. (info in the database seems to indicate that it's a BEAT repeater)

As for what's going on, well, there could be a number of things. Could be the repeater is down for maintenance. You also have to ask yourself a few questions regarding your location to the repeater. Could a better antenna setup help your reception? Are you far enough away that moving the repeater would cause you to lose the reception?

I also recall a thread maybe 4-5 months ago on the matter of a BEAT repeater going silent in Windsor. Can't remember if there was anything close to a resolution...you may end up having to buy a P25 scanner to listen to the OPP, who knows.

TD

Premium Subscriber
jellotor said:
As MetalCarnage pointed out, you've been listening to either a vehicular repeater or a BEAT repeater. These repeaters are for use when an officer has to use his portable radio rather than his mobile. (info in the database seems to indicate that it's a BEAT repeater)

As for what's going on, well, there could be a number of things. Could be the repeater is down for maintenance. You also have to ask yourself a few questions regarding your location to the repeater. Could a better antenna setup help your reception? Are you far enough away that moving the repeater would cause you to lose the reception?

I also recall a thread maybe 4-5 months ago on the matter of a BEAT repeater going silent in Windsor. Can't remember if there was anything close to a resolution...you may end up having to buy a P25 scanner to listen to the OPP, who knows.

Hello
Thanks for replying to my post jellotor.

Ya I thought I would and ask the question because this number 412.8875 was used here for everything so hopefully the repeater is just down for maintenance.

Thanks Again
TD

rmv221

Hi All

I just noticed this week that I cannot here them on 412.8875 either, just went silent. Do we know that if this repeater is down for good, repairs or is it down untill th HA's are gone, which would make sense.

sunfireguy

I noticed that Windsor PD has turned up the power on their, radio system for this weekend, I live in leamington and I can never get them until today and yesterday, the HA clubhouse is quite a dsitance from the city, so I am guessing thats why. They probably have the OPP command post out their assisting this weekend. Last time it went down, was because of the superbowl, and the frequencies were to close to each other, so OPP turned off their beat repeater in this are till Superbowl was down. Something like the hells angels coming to town, would be another reason to turn it off, as they are working on the provincial common with OPP and WPD and Amherstburg and Lasalle, 142.770, was busy this afternoon, also P Central and Mutual Aid 3 on the City radio.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
sunfireguy said:
I noticed that Windsor PD has turned up the power on their, radio system for this weekend, I live in leamington and I can never get them until today and yesterday, the HA clubhouse is quite a dsitance from the city, so I am guessing thats why. They probably have the OPP command post out their assisting this weekend. Last time it went down, was because of the superbowl, and the frequencies were to close to each other, so OPP turned off their beat repeater in this are till Superbowl was down. Something like the hells angels coming to town, would be another reason to turn it off, as they are working on the provincial common with OPP and WPD and Amherstburg and Lasalle, 142.770, was busy this afternoon, also P Central and Mutual Aid 3 on the City radio.

The Windsor Police can't just reach under the desk and crank the power up on their system. The reason your hearing the system so well is due to ducting or a temperature inversion. There is a thread already started here and I'm sure your probably experiencing the same conditions.

jellotor

ve3nsv said:
The Windsor Police can't just reach under the desk and crank the power up on their system. The reason your hearing the system so well is due to ducting or a temperature inversion. There is a thread already started here and I'm sure your probably experiencing the same conditions.

C'mon Terry, you know it's as simple as firing up the microwave to warm up a slice of pizza...

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
jellotor said:
C'mon Terry, you know it's as simple as firing up the microwave to warm up a slice of pizza...

Alright you got me- it was my design though. :)

ftaking

412.8875 is back up. Remember that when there is a big event that all the police services are working together that they will likely shut off this frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.