O.P.P. Fallback Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossfire291

I'm just listening the London O.P.P. feed, and just heard dispatch say that Chatham will be starting "fallback procedure" shortly. I'm curious to know what this means, as I have never heard this before, and can't find anything on wiki.

scanningdude

I believe it is an annual event... its my first time hearing it as well, however this is my understanding of what it is. They simulate an evacuation from one of the Police Communications Centers and hand off all control to the alternate PCC. In the real world it would likely be because of a disaster, threat, fire etc.

I am listening to Wellington, Bruce, Grey Counties etc...It all got handed over to Orillia Comm, all calls and dispatching is how being handled from that center. I am not sure how big the event is if multiple comm centers are taking part tonight or if its just Orillia and London. I'll have to listen the next couple nights maybe Orillia will be handing off to London tomorrow night..... I am not sure how long it will stay in place for, likely only a couple of hours. Last I heard they were having issues logging officers in. Other than that it sounds like all has gone well so to speak up here.

There's a 10-3 in effect of course and several talk-groups have been patched together that normally are not.

That's my understanding of what's going on...

Mike

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I believe it is an annual event... its my first time hearing it as well, however this is my understanding of what it is. They simulate an evacuation from one of the Police Communications Centers and hand off all control to the alternate PCC. In the real world it would likely be because of a disaster, threat, fire etc.

I am listening to Wellington, Bruce, Grey Counties etc...It all got handed over to Orillia Comm, all calls and dispatching is how being handled from that center. I am not sure how big the event is if multiple comm centers are taking part tonight or if its just Orillia and London. I'll have to listen the next couple nights maybe Orillia will be handing off to London tomorrow night..... I am not sure how long it will stay in place for, likely only a couple of hours. Last I heard they were having issues logging officers in. Other than that it sounds like all has gone well so to speak up here.

There's a 10-3 in effect of course and several talk-groups have been patched together that normally are not.

That's my understanding of what's going on...

Mike

Good work.
Tonite I am monitoring Oxford, Norfolk, Brant, Haldimand TG's being dispatched by RID 11384 Orillia.
This is off the Brantford talkgroup

crossfire291

Thanks for the info. I haven't listened to any OPP feed in some time, and tonight was just kinda random since I was really bored. Great surprise though. I believe Chatham-Kent was doing it tonight as well. If I heard correctly C-K was going to be handing off shortly after London.

Status
Not open for further replies.