O.P.P G.T.R. Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Yup. Caledon used to be part of the Greater Toronto Region. They are now part of the Central Region. Therefore, the re-alignment of callsigns.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
You asked a question and you got the correct answer.

"5" series callsigns are for Greater Toronto Region (now Highway Safety Division) callsigns. Because they were re-assigned to "1" land, they needed a new callsign.

I don't know what more of a qualified answer you want. That is the reason.

As for the choice of "1 Sierra", it's because it was the next one available. When the originally organized them, they went in alphabetical order:

5A - Headquarters
5B - Aurora
5C - Burlington
5D - Caledon
5E - Cambridge
5F - Downsview
etc...

Next time you ask a question you already know the answer to, don't bother posting.

irontober

Ex,
Yes i asked a question,you responded,was not what i was looking for but you seem offended ?
Thanks for posting info that is available to anyone who does not know to what we are referring too !

It must be the Post count (1336) compared to my (9) that qualifies you to be an expert and allows you to be rude and condesending that your answer was what i was looking for !

"You asked a question and you got the correct answer"

"Next time you ask a question you already know the answer to, don't bother posting."

The audacity that you assumed you provided the answer i was looking for and then dictating what i can or cannot post makes me wonder who you really are !

What part of WHY did'nt you understand ?

Thanks for making this new forum member feel welcome !

Maybe for future questions ,i should ask you first ?

Last edited:

Keganm

Premium Subscriber
What kind of answer were you looking for? From what I can see you got what you asked for.

If its not the info you wanted, try being more specific.

irontober

It seems strange given the location of Caledon being closer to Toronto than say Cambridge or Niagara and Aurora the same distance, that they now consider it (Caledon) part of the central region.

It just did'nt make sense,so i guess i thought there might be member who knew the reason why that's all.

Guess i'm asking too much.

Northerner71

Now who is being rude? Maybe a new member should just be thankful someone tried to answer a question. Seems to me he was being nice (Ex) and you (Irontober) started being obnoxious. If it was not the answer you were looking for try rewording it and do not pick fights.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Caledon was moved to the Central Region because the GTR was re-assigned to Highway Safety Division.

The other detachments in the HSD are Whitby, Aurora, Toronto, Port Credit, Burlington, Niagara, Cambridge and Barrie.

Their primary role in policing is highways, as all those areas have their own Municipal/Regional Police.

Caledon's mandate is to provide community Policing.

It doesn't make much sense to have a community police service lumped in with Highway Janitors.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
And for future reference...

If you're going to ask a vague question like "Why'd they go from 5D to 1S", and are expecting a reason as to why they're now Central and not HSD... maybe a question like "Anyone know why Caledon was removed from the Highway Safety Division?".

Especially if you're going to blast people who give you the answer to the question you asked.

No hard feelings however. It happens.

irontober

Ex,
Thank you for an very comprehensive answer and is exactly what i was looking for.
After reviewing this thread numerous times,with help of the others,you're right,my question was vague.

To that, my response was rude and uncalled for. To you i apologize.

Ron.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.