O.P.P. in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

i wish that flying radar trap would crash

I know you don't really mean that. :eek:

But considering the price of fuel, the pilot and officer's wages .... how long can they afford to keep it going ?
I guess they will have to catch a slew of stunt drivers at $10,000 a pop.:p

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was wondering that too.... I wonder how much at costs per hour to have that thing in the air, and is it really that more effective than your typical laser intercept setup on an overpass? Any time I listen to those guys they are usually nabbing people faster than they can write the tickets.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I know I really shouldn't post this, because it's been mentioned in this thread that I know you've been reading, but I'll post it again.

You should probably just put in the following:

410.86250 416.31250 R 123.0 PL OPP VR 01 Vehicular Repeater
411.31250 416.51250 R 107.2 PL OPP VR 02 Vehicular Repeater
411.51250 415.86250 R 136.5 PL OPP VR 03 Vehicular Repeater

Both the repeater output which is on the left, and you'll probably hear the plane on the input, the frequency on the right. Another option is Sim11 - 148.765, plus, if you got a digital scanner, they'll probably be patched into one of the digital TAC talkgroups.

If there's anything else, I'm sure someone else will be able to answer.

So far, this Air Enforcement, has been heard both in Southern, and Eastern Ontario.

I'm sure there could also be the possibility that they'd also be in contact on the local UNICOM frequencies to be in touch with local airports for traffic in the air as well.

What frequency is the plane on??

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Just heard the plane doing enforcement in the Norfolk Cnty area and they were on Sim 11 and it was direct to me here in Kitchener and not patched through a cruisers repeater or through the Comm Centre.

Anybody hearing the plane on one of the VR's is most likely hearing the cruisers repeater while he is on Sim 11 as all units involved today were on Sim 11.

When I listened last year to the 401 enforcement near London it was the same deal. The plane and all units involved during the days enforcement were on Sim 11.

gwtc199

On the weekend (16th & 17th), OPP were doing spped traps in Tilbury and Chatham using the aircraft.
I logged the aircraft using SIM 11 to talk to the guys on the ground, and I believe London Comms Center had SIM 11 patched to 1TAC02 on Fleetnet, cause I was picking up the cruisers on that channel with the airplane.
On the Saturday they were in Tilbury stopping speeders right in front of the plant I work at, at one point there were 5 cops cars lined up along the 401 eastbound, each one had a car pulled over. One car was towed, he was caught going 164kph.:lol:

Muxlow

Super Secret
I herd that too. I was in Melbourn when the plane took off, The plane had to get some units to shut off their repeaters becuase they had to much static on their radio, Middlesex and CK units were doing the enforcement, Not sure why units from Middlesex went but.. Thats what i herd anyways.
At that time it was just SIM11 for the plane, Was not patched in with Tac2. Yet anyways

smittyj77

Heard OPP Plane on 2TAC02 today, I picked the channel up near Brockville, Ontario. Not sure where they were doing patrol but it was pretty cool. Clocked a sunfire at 165km and radioed to patrol to stop him and take his keys.

Again not sure where they were doing patrol.

bigcam406

they were doing patrol eastbound 401 between Newcastle and Port Hope,and as of 7 pm,i heard 3 7 n 7"s (racing suspensions for 50 km and over) in an hour and a half.quite interesting to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.