O.P.P. in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I just heard the plane on 416.5125 in London. Unfortunately he is just landing but will be back up soon.

mciupa

Looks like you have heard the input for VR 01.
Last week, I heard them using the input for VR 03 (415.8625) in Newcastle for radar.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So are we to assume then, that frequencies used by the plane will either be Sim 11, or the inputs to the VR's? Would like to know before they start setting up shop here in Eastern Ontario. I see the hwy's are all marked and ready to go.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I listened to the plane for most of the day today.... they were having a ton of problems with comm and spent a fair bit of time trying to sort things out. In a nutshell the comm centre would talk to the plane (going by the callsign AC1) on Sim11. The chase cars on the ground were on Tac03, while the guy with the portable in the plane was on VR02. They were having a lot of issues with cars not having repeaters on when they should, on when they shouldn't, tuned to the wrong VR channel etc etc. Cruisers further down the 401 on unrelated traffic stops were messing up comms as well.... but... when they had it working it seemed to work quite well. I listened on Tac03 for a good part of the day. Was surprised to hear them pulling people over doing 116, 118 etc etc. Didn't think they would bother with that speed. I wonder how accurate he can be with a stopwatch up in the plane?

moonbounce

Thanks for the info guys. I will plug in 415.8625 as well. I don't have an Apco 25 radio yet so I have to listen to repeaters.
P.S. and you can thank me later as the day I do get an Apco 25 radio that will be the day they encrypt their comms. lol.

"I wonder how accurate he can be with a stopwatch up in the plane?"

I wonder how well that stopwatch would hold up in court if challenged with good lawyer in tow.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
does this also cover for the windsor/essex area as well? or is this just in the GTA and london area?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Huh?

Could u not tell by the thread, that there have been mentions of both southern and eastern ontario?

This plane could be anywhere patrolling the 400 Series highways...
Are you so sure that you can type in such a grouchy responce?

How can YOU be sure that the OPP is letting its now 2 planes patrol out and away of the London-GTA corridor?

I havent seen or heard the planes and I can see 4 highways that they patrol here in Burlington.

They made mention that they finished paiting the lines for the aircraft to check speeding in a local Sun or Star article and Forts on here I think mentioned hearing some stuff but he is in or around London.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Well maybe he was having a bad day...I do know that the planes operate here due to a article that i read in star ..I was just wondering thou if these same freq's are used for this area...I would assume that the plane in the GTA area only stays in that area, and that their would be a diff one for our here in essex county...But needless to say i tried the freq that was mentioned above ,but nothing...Well if anyone from windsor/essex area has any info on this , that be cool

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they could set anywhere they want to. They've picked off people up by Pembroke near 17 but theres no markings anywhere up that way on the highways.

Go speeding and test it out to see. Just because they've stated particular highways doesn't mean they have to stick to it. They can see lots from the sky...I've heard them getting people for unsafe lane changes, not just for speeding.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they could set anywhere they want to. They've picked off people up by Pembroke near 17 but theres no markings anywhere up that way on the highways.

Go speeding and test it out to see. Just because they've stated particular highways doesn't mean they have to stick to it. They can see lots from the sky...I've heard them getting people for unsafe lane changes, not just for speeding.
No thanks I'll pass.

DaveH

The frequency pairing I meant...none of these VRs is paired 5MHz apart.

So 416.5125 is input to 411.3125, whatever you want to call it.

Dave

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Should it not look like this?

415.8625 OPP-VR01 - Input
410.8625 OPP - VR01

416.3125 OPP-VR02 - Input
411.3125 OPP - VR02

416.5125 OPP-VR03 - Input
411.5125 OPP - VR03

I see what ya mean...The DB lists it like this.
410.86250 416.31250 R 123.0 PL OPP VR 01 Vehicular Repeater
411.31250 416.51250 R 107.2 PL OPP VR 02 Vehicular Repeater
411.51250 415.86250 R 136.5 PL OPP VR 03 Vehicular Repeater

Perhaps then I should re-organize then?

The frequency pairing I meant...none of these VRs is paired 5MHz apart.

So 416.5125 is input to 411.3125, whatever you want to call it.

Dave

FastEddie

Hi,
I monitor the OPP (Hamilton area) but I'm not sure what I have to do to monitor the OPP Air and what does VR stand for. Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I monitor the OPP (Hamilton area) but I'm not sure what I have to do to monitor the OPP Air and what does VR stand for. Thanks

Hi FastEddie.
VR stands for vehicular repeater. It seems that OPP cars have one.

Monitor the frequencies mentioned here in the thread as well as TAC3 talkgroup.
While I live in Burlington I dont work there and havent heard the airplane yet on any of the frequencies listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.