Oakland, California Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Will the new Uniden scanners receive the Oakland police frequency's?

I don't mean to be rude, but your question has been asked and answered in previous threads you've posted in.

Try reading some replies and looking up the most basic of information before double-posting.

dougr1252

New and old trunking scanners will track the main Oakland system since it's EDACS analog. All city agencies and Piedmont are on it. When it rebands just program the new frequencies in correct order. The new Oakland system is P25, but not in use as the primary system yet.

dougr1252

P25 active

Hearing fire talkgroups on the P25 channels right now. Can't track it for some reason, but decode is 90%. The new system should be P25-AUTO, right?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
I'm too receiving Fire calls. Audio us great here in Hayward. However, like Dougr1252 I cannot track the calls with TrunkPCR. This is a Motorola systems isn't?

trooperdude

Database Admin
I'm too receiving Fire calls. Audio us great here in Hayward. However, like Dougr1252 I cannot track the calls with TrunkPCR. This is a Motorola systems isn't?

No it's EDACS, not Motorola, so you need logical channel order.

So you are hearing fire in P25 digital ?

Anybody have submissions for the database yet ?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Tooperdud
yes, I'm monitoring P25 with my Icom PCR2500. Great audio. much better than the old EDACS system. dougr1252, thanks. i will try to see if i can track now. keep you posted.

dougr1252

No it's EDACS, not Motorola, so you need logical channel order.

So you are hearing fire in P25 digital ?

Anybody have submissions for the database yet ?

I guess my post showed up after yours. I was thinking about the control channel, rather than voice channels. I put those in with LCN order by frequency, but I don't know if it's right yet. The P25 system is certainly louder, but it needs higher signal strength or quality to decode.

dougr1252

The rebanded freqs for this site will/should be:

No idea what the schedule is.

Status
Not open for further replies.