Oakland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

osstyn

Hello Ive been out of listening to scanner for a few years. I now want to get back into it. Thinking about buying a BCD436HP. My question is with oakland county being opensky (can not monitor) can some of you that live in oakland county tell me what you enjoy listening to? I'm tying to justify buying this scanner.

freqs

I am on the Boarder on Macomb and Oakland co .I monitor everything from the Big 3 PD FD Taxi EMS DPW you name it .In the county most all FD are patched into Opensky buy their conventional freqs still are in use Southfield is on their own non Opensky in the clear .You still have MSP other local stuff so I would have to say even with the Opensky issue I would suggest it would be still a good idea .But doo a lot of investigation before you commit to 1 brand Scanner .look at all the features first performance ask on here .

Sorrento2000

Premium Subscriber
I live on the border of Macomb county and pick up Warren Public Safety pretty well, as well as Comsource (taxis, ambulances, etc). Michigan Public Safety System doesn't come in very well unfortunately.

GeneseeCoMI

For Oakland County the busiest talkgroups on MPSCS to listen to are MSP Metro North Dispatch on 2007 and Community EMS Dispatch on 12213. The others are used rarely or not at all.

Also several fire departments and some of the police, plus school buses are still analog. Check the Oakland County page for their frequencies.

If you like aviation there's two airports in the county.

Also there's tons of businesses, media (TV/radio production crews), and railroads and recreations and attractions that are analog.

Last edited:

osstyn

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like there is plenty to listen to. I almost pulled the trigger on the BCD436HP yesterday till i seen it jumped from 411(last week) to 459(this week) on amazon. Im also looking into the whistler trx 1. Any suggestions or advice on which way to go ? or other scanner i should be looking at ? thanks again

krokus

Premium Subscriber
HVA provides EMS coverage for the southwest corner of the county, as well as another branch of the company providing EMS coverage in the Troy area. All of those comms are on MPSCS.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.