Oakland County

bkirk3434

Does anyone have an update on Oakland County becoming monitor-able? I am not the best with some of the scanning terminology but last I heard it sounded like Oakland County's FDs were going to be moved to MPSCS pretty soon and all would be able to listened to. The police/sheriffs were still up in the air leaning toward not being able to listened to.

Does anyone have an update on the timeline of when they will be available on MPSCS (at least the FD)?

On a side note, I have noticed that Farmington Hills FD has been on RR for a while now but I have not been able to hear them from Wayne County (using 2/23 and 2/6). Has anyone had any luck hearing them/if so what tower?

Also, I have noticed more and more Oakland County FDs on Broafcastify lately. That seems to be a good sign.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
On a side note, I have noticed that Farmington Hills FD has been on RR for a while now but I have not been able to hear them from Wayne County (using 2/23 and 2/6). Has anyone had any luck hearing them/if so what tower?

I caught them over the summer. Guessing they were just testing, haven't heard them since.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure you'll be able to listen to the fire departments, I've heard rumors that Oakland County will be 100% encrypted.

freqs

Will Fire Department that are using conventional paging freqs will those still be active after the switch .
Like Rochester Hills Madison Hgts and other Department

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Will Fire Department that are using conventional paging freqs will those still be active after the switch .
Like Rochester Hills Madison Hgts and other Department
It's my understanding they plan switching to the MPSCS paging system. This means that the old VHF and UHF paging systems currently in use will be phased out in the future. As to how fast that will occur is not known at this time.

73's

Ron

billkrash

Does anyone have an update on Oakland County becoming monitor-able? I am not the best with some of the scanning terminology but last I heard it sounded like Oakland County's FDs were going to be moved to MPSCS pretty soon and all would be able to listened to. The police/sheriffs were still up in the air leaning toward not being able to listened to.

Does anyone have an update on the timeline of when they will be available on MPSCS (at least the FD)?

Also, I have noticed more and more Oakland County FDs on Broafcastify lately. That seems to be a good sign.
423.375mhz analog