Oakland PD Broadway Freqs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewScanner215

Some of you know last night on my way past Oakland I tested my scanner out to see what got fuzzy, what went away, what came threw. When I went to my OPD bank it worked fine like it does here at home but I'm way south of the Seneca St. tower so all of the transmissions I get come from there. As I traveled north I found that there is a point where the 1111 Broadway tower takes over BUT, I couldn't hear anything at all. Well here and there something came threw but that might have been from the Seneca tower and I just didn't see it . Anyway you could see the same Group Id's coming across but they were all (95% at least) from the Broadway tower. I just couldn't hear any audio at all it was just blank flashing the id's and freq location. So I want to know if anybody else has the Broadway freqs programmed and have them working. I got the Broadway and Seneca freqs out of our database but I think the #5 freq is missing? Or is that how it is supposed to be? do you program the freqs with that space in there, or move the next one up in it's place? If it's a missing freq does anybody have it? I noticed another site had I think 866.7000 as the #5 freq but that is a freq from the Seneca tower.

Last edited:

NewScanner215

Ok nevermind i got it, It was me being an idiot again. I thought i had tested it in a seperate bank with channel 5 blank but i hadnt. So for anybody else who is having trouble here is the deal:

Seneca St. freqs have to be in 1 bank and Braodway freqs in it's own seperate bank. "At first" i had the broadway freqs 1 space after the seneca st freqs in the same bank.

Once you put the broadway freqs in it's own bank make sure you leave the 5 spot (Ch. 5) blank.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
EDACS sites are more or less separate systems and therefore need to be put in their own banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.