Oakland votes to join EBRCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Today, the City of Oakland finance committee voted to dump its current radio system and join EBRCS, despite objections from the city's IT department who defended the systems functionality. OPD officers association addressed the committee and expressed a zero confidence rating in the current system.

The switch isn't a done deal yet, the City Council has to vote for the switch next week, which is expected to pass.

Source: http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/oakland-plan-moves-forward-for-changes-to/vChhgS/

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Can you provide a link to the article, please? I will try, in the meantime to search for it and/or similar articles. Thanks!

SCPD

QRT

Yeah, the issues are well understood. Oakland's current system has been plagued with problems both very real and imagined.

One highlight of that article mentions one city official complaining that Oakland won't have a seat on the governing body of EBRCSA -- they're pissed because Livermore has 2. Penis contest ahead of officer safety. I usually stay out of discussions involving radio systems implementation because I don't know much about it, but does this moron Gardener actually believe that the governing body of EBRCSA, which consists of police and fire officials from neighboring jurisdictions, would actually make decisions that put Oakland responders at risk? Of course not.

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Well, I guess where you have human beings involved, egos become part of the decision-making process!

SCPD

QRT
Oakland City Council today voted to move over to EBRCS at a cost of $810k over 5 years, KTVU reports.

There was no information on a timeline.

officer_415

Database Admin
I wonder what this means for parking enforcement and public works. Stay on EDACS, take over Oakland P25, or switch to EBRCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.