Obama's visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpd204

Any details on when air force one will land with President Obama and the frequencies? I'm expecting the CPD will operate on CW 6 for their security ops, right? Or will they have different frequencies? I hope air force 1 hasn't landed yet. Even though it's campaign fundraisers, but i'm hoping there will be good security so I can have something to listen to lol! Anyway, thank you guys in advance!

Last edited:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Last time he was here they weren't using CW6, if I remember right they were using the trunked system, 352 is the Executive Protection TG (hearing activity on it today, so I'm guessing it's true again). I'm guessing ISP will be on 9083 (encrypted) again. Last time he was here, I heard AF1 calling into the O'Hare tower on 127.925, I'd start there, and NORAD was also worth listening to on 260.900. Everything else (USSS) is either extremely low power, or encrypted.

cpd204

CW6 is in use for CPD

I'm listening to citywide 6 and it seems to be the main channel for the crowd control, security, and ops.
Not completely but mostly.

markz631

CW 6 is CPD ops for motorcade blocks, etc... Headed to UIC first, then Lincoln Park and finally Hyde Park.

markz631

I did a swing through the neighborhood on my way home last night just as he was leaving for stop #3 in HP -- not only was the whole block absent of cars and lined with fencing, but the two cross streets intersecting it were cleared and fenced for a block in either direction, as were the alleys and streets a block in either direction.

I assume this was done due to the pretty tight area Lincoln Park creates. I feel for the people that live in the apartments around there -- already impossible finding parking without all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

cpd204

I did a swing through the neighborhood on my way home last night just as he was leaving for stop #3 in HP -- not only was the whole block absent of cars and lined with fencing, but the two cross streets intersecting it were cleared and fenced for a block in either direction, as were the alleys and streets a block in either direction.

I assume this was done due to the pretty tight area Lincoln Park creates. I feel for the people that live in the apartments around there -- already impossible finding parking without all of that.
Yeah the towing/traffic people were just taking everybody out of the streets and moving everyone. I heard alot of the units as TMA or car#. I'm guessing TMA stands for traffic management authority right?

Last edited:

markz631

I heard alot of the units as TMA or car# what does TMA stand for?

Traffic Management Authority

They operate on CW 7 and are normally responsible for rush-hour, airport and special event traffic. They are the people in the yellow yelling at you to turn this way or that. They also have a fleet of tow trucks for instances like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.