Obndd? Osbi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I passed a black and white earlier today. It looked just like OKC except it had a star on the side door that took up the whole door. Was it probably OBNDD or OSBI? I couldn't find a picture either of their cruisers on the net, so I was just wondering if someone knew it off hand. Looked like a pretty cool cruiser.

dbestfirefighter

Dozer
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
Well they should be having a CLEET training session starting today and the area he was seen in was here at the Meridian hotel strip where most of the narcotics officers stay for CLEET. So I bet you're right. Looked pretty cool from a distance.

EDIT: I don't think it's Pottawatomie County cause here's their cruisers apparently. http://www.pottcoso.com/images/MVC-011S.JPG

Last edited:

okccsi

Gilligan said:
I passed a black and white earlier today. It looked just like OKC except it had a star on the side door that took up the whole door. Was it probably OBNDD or OSBI? I couldn't find a picture either of their cruisers on the net, so I was just wondering if someone knew it off hand. Looked like a pretty cool cruiser.

IIRC, OBDN have dark brown & white cruisers. Not sure about OSBI. Every car I have every seen has either been an unmarked CVPI or a van.

OKC CSI

davido662002

South Central Oklahoma Red River Country,Okla. Pro
was it this?

mayberry.jpg

LOL

freqscout

I think I saw a security car like that once but it had a rather wrank looking crusty lightbar that had all whites.

Chaos703

davido662002 said:
was it this?

That's awesome! I guess this settles the long standing debate on whether Mayberry was on VHF high or low.

Ever notice the Motorola rig on Barney's desk? Nice set. Too bad it was never used. Not even once.

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
Interesting Mayberry Sheriff Article at:

http://www.southern-aviator.com/edi...o?-token.key=10097&-token.src=column&-nothing

The fly-in to Mayberry begins when you land at MWK. The Boyette Aviation crew already has your rental car ready to go. If you would rather see Mayberry, uh, Mt. Airy, in real style, a completely renovated Mayberry Sheriff car will pick you up for a tour through Andy's hometown.

Roger Sickmiller drives one of two restored Galaxy 500 "squad" cars for his friend, Mike Cockerman, who came up with the idea of the tours after seeing the crowds who gathered two years ago when Andy Griffith visited town for the dedication of "Andy Griffith Parkway."

It took eight months to completely restore the first Galaxy 500. Details include the big "whip" antenna and an old Motorola police radio, not to mention an official "Mayberry Sheriff" star on the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.