• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Obtaining MOL access

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mcs

I had an MOL profile from a long time ago, but was unable to login. I called Motorola and they were able to reset my password, but said that I did not have an account. I told him I was looking to purchase MOTOTRBO CPS. The representative opened a ticket to have the "data team" create me an account.

The rep also insisted that when my account is created, I will use "shop.motorolasolutions.com" and not "businessonline.motorolasolutions.com". I've never heard of "shop"... he claims this is for individuals and state/local gov now. Sounds fishy.

Is the Motorola representative leading me the wrong way?

Did I ask for the wrong thing, or not say the correct magic words?

It's been a few days, but they did say it would take 3 to 5 business days -- planning my callback for a week from the first call. I find this boggling that it's so hard to give a company my money, but I guess it makes sense given they are used to dealing with larger customers.

Any sage wisdom would be most appreciated. Thanks.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't know, but I went through the same thing. I had an MOL account from 15 years ago. Seems like at some point it stopped working. I've gone through all the gyrations with resetting accounts, new passwords, none of it has worked out. It says I have an account, it says it has my email address, but when I try to reset the password, it lets me do it, but will never let me log in.

I finally gave up. If Motorola wants my business, they can work a bit harder for it. The people that answer the toll free number for support have been less than helpful. If you figure it out, post back here and maybe I'll try again.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
MSI got rid of ordering through MOL (businessonline.motorolasolutions.com) months ago, and the new Shop site (shop.motorolasolutions.com) has taken over that function. Eventually MOL itself will go away, slowly being replaced by the MyView site (myview.motorolasolutions.com)

n2mcs

MSI got rid of ordering through MOL (businessonline.motorolasolutions.com) months ago, and the new Shop site (shop.motorolasolutions.com) has taken over that function. Eventually MOL itself will go away, slowly being replaced by the MyView site (myview.motorolasolutions.com)

Thanks. At least it seems I'm on the right track then.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Well, son of a biscuit! That worked. After several years of trying and even calling Motorola, I'm finally in.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, GTR! I had no idea about (shop.motorolasolutions.com). I've used myview a few times but wasn't particularly impressed. The shop site is a lot easier to navigate than the old catalog though.

Status
Not open for further replies.