OBX - Corolla, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
We'll be visiting Corolla NC again this year in Aug. I have been watching the database entries and this forum, but I always like to check in for updates. We'll be way up in Corolla, so I'm more interested in hearing just the local stuff (not so much Dare Co or the mainland).

Last year I had one system that had everything OBX (Coast Guard, Military, Fire, PD) and one system Just for the Corolla-specific stuff. This worked out well. For Corolla I only had...

Is there anything else I'm missing specifically for the town of Corolla or have these frequencies changed at all?

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
You might add 154.145, last time I was there it was used by lifeguards as well. Other than that, Currituck Sheriff is active, 156.800 Marine channel #16 very active, that's about it unless you like eastern Virginia monitoring 800mhz as from that area you can easily monitor the Tidewater area systems. We are headed there to our place again August 2nd-August 10th ourselves.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...very helpful. About the only thing I can get the family interested in listening to is the lifeguard traffic so I'll add that one (or any other water rescue frequencies anyone may suggest for Corolla)...the rest of the time it's headphones for me. As much as I'm familiar with the area, I find the VA Beach and non-Currituck Co traffic less interesting, especially not knowing much about the street names and towns they are talking about. We're down there the following week (Aug 9th). Last year I had a huge system defined for everything (for me) and a much narrower Corolla-only system for everyone else to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.