OBX U.S.Fish and Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrowl

On my last three trips to the Outer Banks area the USFW pair 163.150/164.625 has been silent. Has there been a frequency change or are these guys just not talking much. On several trips prior to 2006 the freq pair was very active.

Ten42

USF&W P-25 freq wanted

I was at a USF&W WMA in eastern NC last year and seen the new Motorola P25 radios there, they are now full time P-25, and the radio display showed four repeater sites, Columbia, Manteo, Englehard and the last one I didnt understand but I swore it was Plymouth.
This year when vacationing there I also did not hear any traffic on 163.150 and figured they have changed frequencies. If you hear anyone calling unit "800" or "dispatch," thats them unless they changed unit numbers as well. The equipment I seen was VHF so its still 162-174 range.

David Hartman,
davidhartmn@yahoo.com

richrowl

Obx Usfw

Thanks David, all the vehicles have 1/4 wave vhf antennas. I saw a few radios but could not read the displays, too far away. Searching the vhf band brought no results.

Gilligan

Database Admin
davidhartmn said:
I was at a USF&W WMA in eastern NC last year and seen the new Motorola P25 radios there, they are now full time P-25, and the radio display showed four repeater sites, Columbia, Manteo, Englehard and the last one I didnt understand but I swore it was Plymouth.
This year when vacationing there I also did not hear any traffic on 163.150 and figured they have changed frequencies. If you hear anyone calling unit "800" or "dispatch," thats them unless they changed unit numbers as well. The equipment I seen was VHF so its still 162-174 range.
I saw this and couldn't help but comment that this is QUALITY information. I don't know if we have all the puzzle pieces on this yet, but site names from radios and unit IDs are what we need to properly ID this stuff. If we can come up with the freqs, the rest of the pieces should fall into place...Okay, so you're thinking -- what does he care, he's in Oklahoma? But there are not too many submissions/posts like this and I wish we had more opportunities to get this kind of info directly from radio consoles and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.