Oc frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Got a close call hit on my uniden of 459.200 which is from a tow company. Searched the fcc system with no luck as to what the repeater output would be.

connor - wqnd300

Got a close call hit on my uniden of 459.200 which is from a tow company. Searched the fcc system with no luck as to what the repeater output would be.

connor - wqnd300
Life doesn't have to be difficult. The standard offset for base stations between 450 - 469.98125 MHz is 5 MHz below. From 470 - 512, it's 3 MHz. Try listening to 454.2000 MHz. You probably won't find the result in that database. I believe that was one of the radio common carrier frequencies that was auctioned off to licensees in certain markets.

For the sake of reference, this was paging channel GH, which used to be one of the radio common carrier (non-Bell operating company) channels years ago.

Unfortunately, you don't search ULS for that frequency range. Here is the search page.

You want Auctions 40, 48, 87, and 95. Orange County is in BEA 160, which is the Los Angeles - Riverside - Orange County, CA-AZ economic area.

The string "CP-BEA160-GH" would be the shorthand for service, economic area, and channel.

One of the bidders in your area was the Automobile Club of Southern California (file number: 0401315018), which seems to have bid for 1,012 unique market/channel combinations across the country from Louisiana to the Pacific coast - including the service/area/channel you're tuned to. They're in the towing business!

The auction winner essentially "owns" 454.1875 - 454.2125 and 459.1875 - 459.2125 MHz and can build anywhere inside their market, or rent, or sell, or lease part or all of their license (frequency and/or infrastructure) to another party, just like real estate.

That's the big fault of the FCC. Nothing is linear and everything is a reinvention. You have multiple rules for frequencies that could be in the same frequency band and it takes a lawyer or some nitwit who does this all day, every day to sort out what rule applies where and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.