Occupy Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired911Guy

Occupy Oakland announced that their goal for tonight and tomorrow night is to COMPLETELY shut Oakland down.

OPD is using TAC 5 (simulcast P25 & Edacs) and things are already getting hot (6:15pst) as OPD is trying to stop it before it goes to far.

OPD EOC just announced that ALL tac officers days off are canceled until further notice.

They are RIGHT NOW deploying their tactical squads, they just lost their scrimmage lines and requesting all units pull back to new scrimmage lines. Already have Mutual aid agencies on scene.

2 separate crowds 1st-est 400 large, 2nd est 700 large coming form different directions

OPD TAC 5 - P25 and Edacs

Great Listening!!!!

Dave

Retired911Guy

Any live feeds online of this??

Unfortunately not., I'll be listening most of the night and post some updates if I can.

For those in the area I have heard references ALCO SO and CHP being on scene, may be able to hear a simulcast on ALCO Trunking. I don't get ALCO but last week when they had the big one, CHP Oakland Bronze was being used as coord for the incident for CHP.

42.12000 KJK725 B 131.8 PL BRZ GAT B Base - BRONZE - Oakland (96)
42.40000 KA4993 M 131.8 PL BRZ GAT M Mobile - BRONZE - Oakland (96)

Now 150 more on a different street "notify CHP they're coming their way"-- 6:44pst

Dave

EDIT: also on TAC 4 simulcast on EDACS also....

Edit : Tac 5 Operations - Tac 4 Logistics (water,food,spare radio batteries,etc)

EDIT: HUGE CROWD H30 now est 4000-5000 in main area with smaller groups of 200-400 in different areas.7:37pst

Also CHP is now on BLUE for Coord

post--> "Heard they are going to try to take Bay Bridge now."

Don't know about that, I'm sure CHP is pretty intent on keeping them off the freeway!!

Channels I have listed are well known to RR users and in the database, I will not post any OPD locations or staging areas, just general info about the incident such as est crowd size and if a riot breaks out. KRON (chl-4) is broadcasting live from Oakland and reporting about same crowd size.

Last edited:

crimewatch

Update from Protesters POV

Protesters Crimewatch has maintained contact with from Sacramento have been redirected to another part area. The marching orders "Bodies needed to shut the other ports F'ing down all night." Peacekeepers stressing to keep none violent. Policing themselves is critical.

crimewatch

Bad Idea!

Heard they are going to try to take Bay Bridge now.

We've reminded protesters of potential consequences of blocking traffic under ANY circumstance. I ask them if they have kids at home, or elderly grandparents. "So what if they were being transported by paramedic to a hospital or trauma center on the other side of the bridge? How would you feel if the died because your friends blocked the bridge."

Logic actually works with most of these people.

kma371

QRT
We've reminded protesters of potential consequences of blocking traffic under ANY circumstance. I ask them if they have kids at home, or elderly grandparents. "So what if they were being transported by paramedic to a hospital or trauma center on the other side of the bridge? How would you feel if the died because your friends blocked the bridge."

Logic actually works with most of these people.

Who's we?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Retired911Guy

Chl-2 KTVU is now reporting that many of the regular protesters have gone home, though many are still hanging around. They also reported that anarchists are still around and trying to cause trouble. We all know that the anarchists show up at any protest in the bay area and try to turn it into a riot. They showed footage of peaceful protesters jumping an anarchist vandalizing a business.

Hopefully OPD can keep the anarchists under control. Good luck OPD job well done so far....

crimewatch

The Occupy Oakland livestream is reporting 300 officers are firing on peaceful protesters. Not confirmed and their video is down. Cannot trust ANYTHING that comes out of their chat room now with anarchists flooding it. Report that protesters set up barricades then later set them on fire. Troublemakers reporting it was undercover police officers that started fire. We've lost contact with earlier folks on the peacekeeper mission.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
An Open Letter to the Citizens of Oakland from the Oakland Police Officers’ Association

1 November 2011 – Oakland, Ca.

We represent the 645 police officers who work hard every day to protect the citizens of Oakland. We, too, are the 99% fighting for better working conditions, fair treatment and the ability to provide a living for our children and families. We are severely understaffed with many City beats remaining unprotected by police during the day and evening hours.

As your police officers, we are confused... [Read More on these Links]

http://publicintelligence.net/oakla...ation-open-letter-to-the-citizens-of-oakland/

http://www.opoa.org/uncategorized/a...rom-the-oakland-police-officers’-association/

http://publicintelligence.net/tag/occupy-oakland/

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
This is a forum for discussing topics related to radio or events in the San Francisco Bay area.

NOT a platform to further a political agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.