Occupy Portland - Any Hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Curious if anyone has been monitoring the Occupy Portland goings-on downtown. Any tips on which PPB or BOEC talkgroups are being used regularly? Any FPS federal stuff other than the usual 408.200 for Region 10? I imagine things will get interesting when the looming deadline comes tomorrow (Sat.) for demonstrators to be out of the parks.

DickH

Occupy Portland - Any Hits?

There might be some early Sunday morning. :)

Otto

I heard the hulabaloo on C DISP when they kicked out the protesters from Jamison Square last week. There was some interesting stuff.

One of my favorites was when one of the captains came up on the radio and told officers that even the media had to leave the park because it is closed to everyone. If the media was found in the park they where to be arrested as well.

ltulrich

I too will be listening. Looks like pretty much all the activity is on Central Dispatch and Central Tac 1. I guess it really has to hit the fan for them to start using SERT/TOD. Getting some traffic on Portland Business Alliance - Patrol. Anyone monitoring MCSO? If you know of other TGIDs in use for this event please post.

EDIT: Also, there's this: Occupy Portland Official - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
It doesn't sound like the Occu-morons are going to go peacefully after listening to their chants on the live stream.

SCPD

QRT
"Occu-morons" ? Is that anything like a tea bag-er.

There are obvious differences between the two. The majority of the Occupy crowd are a bunch of anarchist,dope smoking kids who probibly never worked a day in their lives. So far they still have no direction or purpose other than chanting capitalism sucks. They spend their time defecating on police cars,smashing out windows,spray painting graffiti on buildings and getting arrested!

On the other hand the Tea Party is a organised group of fiscally conservative patriots who want smaller government. Generally all of the Tea Party protests have been peaceful and respectful.

Romak3

Banned
There are obvious differences between the two. The majority of the Occupy crowd are a bunch of anarchist,dope smoking kids who probibly never worked a day in their lives. So far they still have no direction or purpose other than chanting capitalism sucks. They spend their time defecating on police cars,smashing out windows,spray painting graffiti on buildings and getting arrested!

On the other hand the Tea Party is a organised group of fiscally conservative patriots who want smaller government. Generally all of the Tea Party protests have been peaceful and respectful.

Thank you...

Otto

No Political BS Please.

Hey, how about we discuss stuff about radio monitoring of a protest rather than spew stupid political nonsense? There are appropriate places for that. This forum is not one of them.

Thanks.

Last edited:

low-light1

looks like from the news i see portland police, vancouver police,salem police, mcso, clackamas county sheriff ? washington county sheriff ?? any verification to this ??

Otto

looks like from the news i see portland police, vancouver police,salem police, mcso, clackamas county sheriff ? washington county sheriff ?? any verification to this ??

On the news I heard the PIO say that PPB had help from various agencies including Vancouver and Hillboro. I am sure MCSO is down there since the Court House is right along the parks as is Federal Agencies since there is also a Federal Court House there as well. I have heard traffic on the radio about Salem also being there.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Just watching the coverage -- quite a few protesters gathered downtown now and refusing to clear the streets. Yup, they specifically mentioned and showed Salem PD as being there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.