Occupy tonight, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
1956hrs: Denver. Protesters w/ small children disrupting traffic in downtown. Carrying water balloons filled w/ urine & generating smoke. RTD mall buses stopped.

U/D. Protesters hv sprayed anarchy symbols on 1 RTD bus & 1 DPD car and now throwing objects at DPD officers.

U/D: Protesters continue spraying & striking DPD vehs & reports that urine balloons hv been thrown @ DPD. Protesters are EB Colfax from Grant against tfc.

U/D. 4 adults & 1 JV have been arrested by DPD METRO. Group has shrunk to about 10 & is back on the Mall.

Jim<

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I can't believe these nutjob anarchists are still being allowed to operate. We got rid of them November 17th (although they might dispute that) in Dallas and they haven't reorganized in any significant strength since. Occupy Dallas was camped out on the south lawn of City Hall. There were about 50 people in the group. DPD, at midnight, surrounded the camp with every SWAT officer on the department plus about 30 additional patrol officers, and gave them one hour to clear out. Those that wanted to be arrested for park curfue violation were given the opportunity, and those who didn't were allowed to leave! There were 18 arrests, and most were out of jail within 5 hours. It was very civilized. Drove by the Occupy Fort Worth movement right before Christmas and there was one couple with several signs sitting on the sidewalk, freezing, and they obviously didn't look happy! Texas hasn't been hit as hard with this depression so I figure people down here have less to complain about. But it surprises me the molly-codling attitudes some city governments have to these groups in other parts of the country.

Mark

Attachments

• DSCN4409.jpg
    DSCN4409.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.