Occupy Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

Here's another 'occupy' thread !

Should make for an interesting scanner day tommorow. Some local media said they will have extra reporters coming in to cover this. It's intended as a peaceful protest, but...ya never know ! If things get crazy, it could give our new sub-forum some useage. Happy listening to all, from the comfort and safety of your shack !

Banks bracing for Occupy Toronto - thestar.com

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Best of luck with yours. Rumor is it that Occupy Calgary's "demonstration" no wait "peaceful discussion" is timed to occur at the same time as a local event called ZombieWalk. This could get interesting. :D

VE3RADIO

On CTV news last night they had a live reporter at the meeting, I am not 100% certain but some of the folks in attendance appeared to be on the G20 wanted list.. I wonder how much intel was in attendance.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Gator596 said:
Notice anybody asking for info on how to monitor TPS and OPP here on RR lately?

No. Not really to be honest. A few visitors and people who were able to listen in when skip would help improve reception. If TPS, RcMP, CSIS and the OPP want to communicate privately they have ways to do so. I doubt this protest gets huge. Toronto has New York envy and has to follow but the circumstances and reasons for the protest are greatly different in the US and they are here. If anyone has access to scanners and hears cool stuff have fun and keep it yourself or BBM your pals.

pathalogical

I like how the media is anticipating unruly behaviour, suggesting to various businesses to remove potential projectiles like paper boxes, garbage cans etc.

I don't think the police are concerned about scanner listeners; there's way more people for them to follow that have their @ and #, not to mention security videos, cell phone pics and vids that will end up on the Tube.

...double checking my Occupy Toronto gear...

radios
snacks
Pizza Nova on speed dial
refreshments in the fridge - you know what kind
tv
recliner
cooler, windy weather
fireplace

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I think I know which thread u are talking about Matt. Well let's hope its peaceful.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber

I think I know which thread u are talking about Matt. Well let's hope its peaceful.

I've long worried that people underestimate the value of the information and personal expertise on RR. The loony left have mined it before for planning and cunducting protests at events like the G8. My suggestion is for all of us to continue keeping one eye on current and upcoming events and then watch for strangers asking questions.
What if we spot someone? Although some will correctly say it is impossible to prevent them from finding the info they need here or on other places on the web, we shouldn't make it easy. Even if they dress up as women.
I say all this in the spirit that it is better for our community to "police ourselves" than it is to end up having the real ones do it.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I've long worried that people underestimate the value of the information and personal expertise on RR. The loony left have mined it before for planning and cunducting protests at events like the G8. My suggestion is for all of us to continue keeping one eye on current and upcoming events and then watch for strangers asking questions.
What if we spot someone? Although some will correctly say it is impossible to prevent them from finding the info they need here or on other places on the web, we shouldn't make it easy. Even if they dress up as women.
I say all this in the spirit that it is better for our community to "police ourselves" than it is to end up having the real ones do it.

I am part of the loony left and I dont think you have any reason or right to put people down for their beliefs.
I used to beat up members of the crazy right wing skins when they went about tagging swastics and started up with thier propoganda against their tragets. You dont see me belittleing anyone for their beliefs, this isnt the tavern.

It is a protest, legal and from the looks of it peaceful.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The last time someone dug a tunnel that big and deep they connected England and France by rail.

You dont need to belittle WZ. He is a friend of mine and a good man who has invaluable knowledge about scanning.

He has a point about people like this and posted in a thoutful informative way without slander.

I dont know if there are agitators on here, looking for information and any legal ramifications about these people arent our business, the site owner is no fool and has plans in place for any situation I bet.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Cool. Something to remove the boredom that is Monday at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.