Ocean City, Cape May County NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Need a little help on and conformation this. I have a submission indicating Ocean City FD is still using their 2 VHF channels under their KEE540 Lic. (OC has 2 repeaterized VHF channels, 154.445 & 151.115) as simulcast or patch from the two Ocean City FD Talk Groups from the Atlantic Co P25 system, the OC TGs 31201, 31202 from Atlantic System P25 Type 2 system. Also will need PL/DPL for the VHF channels.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I have them in my radios as:
154.445: Fire Dispatch & Response: CT 141.3
151.115: Beach Patrol DCS: 664

It's been a year or two since I've been there to monitor so I'm not sure if any changes were made since then

DougWatkins

All OCFD, Police, Beach Patrol and Municipal are on the P25 system..PD is encrypted....The FD VHF system was simulcasted but that stopped some time last year.....I did hear the VHF freq being used at a fire earlier in the year when they were having problems with the P25 system and they switched to VHF for some interior building ops.....I still have them programmed but its been silent...Cape May County is always a mess..too many municipal dispatching centers with proprietary frequencies

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
OCFD is still available on VHF.....I hear them every day. As for the fireground/operations channel you had to be very close by as it is low power.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
OCFD is still available on VHF.....I hear them every day. As for the fireground/operations channel you had to be very close by as it is low power.

I have conflicting reports here in this forum, some users are saying the frequencies are quiet and others are stating "hearing them every day".
So I can update the DB correctly, what type of communications are CURRENTLY (last 7-10 days) being monitored on the OC FD VHF Channels?
* Fire Dispatch (Patch or Simulcast from their TG (s) from AC P25 system)​
* Local FD Ops and Comms, Interior Ops, Special Events etc (Not on the AC P25 System)
* Back Up Comms if AC P25 system has problems or fails.​
Thanks​

DougWatkins

Well PM08203 is correct so i stand corrected regarding VHF F1...I put it back in the scanner and it seems to be simulcasting with the P25....I haven't had any other traffic on the older VHF freqs.....dispatch and fire/ems responses are on VHF and P25....I know OCBP and PD are fully on P25 (PD encrypted)..I assume Public Works is the same

We are playing frequency roulette right now...OC is going to Sea Isle City a lot and I've heard OC Ops on Sea Isle's fire ground freq (you need to note that on the DB) and on the P25....so I assume the VHF is still simulcast...Ocean View (Dennis is going to SIC and using their own ops from what I can determine)...Strathmere is dispatched on their freq (correct in DB) and they have been switching to SIC Ops

DougWatkins

SIC is dispatching on 154.13 PL 118.8, EMS ops are per the DB....SIC Fire Ops is 153.815 PL 118.8...I've been informed by an officer that the remainder of Upper Twp (Marmora, Seaville and Tuckahoe) just updated their radios to include SIC Ops...lots of mutual aid coverage while SIC is operating under staffed

DougWatkins

Sea Isle City WYD390...153.815 PL 118.8 Sea Isle City Fire Grnd Operations

OC updated in DB

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber

OC updated in DB

Thanks for the info. (y):cool:

:unsure: However, and forgive me for being repetitious on this point, though DB admins will glean information from forum posts.
It is best for any new information and or DB corrections is to be sent in via a submission to RR.
This allows the submitter to get credit for his info!!! (y):coffee:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber

OC updated in DB

Sea Isle City FD 154.1300 & 153.8150 under WYD390 are also licensed as Repeaters. Are they using this function on either or both frequencies or is it simply (simplex - Base - Mobile).
Note: If its repeater, both the base, mobiles and portables will be heard with a strong signal same as the base.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
OC is still using their 2 VHF channels dispatch and ops. Ops is simplex with rx sites back to dispatch. They have been simulcasting dispatch over their P25 talkgroup. SIC dispatches on 154.130 and ops on 153.815 which is a repeater. The reason it shows 154.130 as a repeater freq is a year or 2 ago, a radio company "mistakenly" programmed a repeater with that as an output. They didnt know that that was the county dispatch channel which lead to some confusion when everyone started hearing non dispatch transmissions on that freq. The local fire departments are in the process of adding SIC OPs in case of mutual aid. I "think" we will be seeing about 4 or 5 county wide fire ground frequencies coming on line throughout the summer in addition to CMC Fire 2,3 due to every town having multiple frequencies. 16 channels goes quick when every town has 2 or 3 ops channels. The end result should be CMC Fire 1 will just be dispatch transmissions, Fire Ops 2 and 3 will be for large incidents and Fire Tac 1-4 will be for fire ground and follow NFPA being simplex analog. CMC Fire 4 or South Jersey Net will still be LZ channel. Also I would keep the vhf OC beach patrol in the database as a backup.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I can also confirm that the OCFD Dispatch Channel (VHF) is still active. It was very active when I was down for a few days in May. I can also confirm that the P25 Beach Patrol Talkgroup was also active. However, my 436 DID NOT pickup any activity on the Fire P25 Talkgroups.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
That tg 31201 seems to be off and on....I have heard it on occasion. As for the old BP....I have heard OCFD use it several times over the winter/spring when issues occurred on CH 1 such as an open carrier.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
That tg 31201 seems to be off and on....I have heard it on occasion. As for the old BP....I have heard OCFD use it several times over the winter/spring when issues occurred on CH 1 such as an open carrier.

So did the old BP Channel still have a repeater? I took it out of my 436, because I figured it would get low usage.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Was anyone near SIC today for the worker at 1215pm and could confirm these freqs?

I was actually wondering that myself! I was home in PA unfortunately, but I was listening via scanner feed. But I did have another question (and If it needs moved to another thread, please feel free to do so) but does SIC Fire Dispatch have a PL? I know the RR DB says no, but another site I found says it has a PL of 118.8

DougWatkins

I can confirm that I hear SIC Fire dispatch using PL 118.8...yes the fire the other day was messy as always...I thought I heard Dennis (Ocean View) on SIC fireground; but they were certainly using their frequencies...OC was using both their P25 and SIC..I didn't catch if Starthmere actually used SIC fire ground on this incident, but I've been told all of Upper (Strathmere, Marmora, Seaville and Tuckahoe) added 153.815....

OC apparently only manned SIC for one week end, but are on their first alarms assignment for any structure...it looks like SIC is attempting to man their station with volunteers when they can..they have been responding on air quickly the last few times I heard them dispatched...they've had their share of working fires so far this spring/summer

Wildbillx...we'll have to watch the progress...Cape May County is really segmented with all of the municipal dispatch in place and the local frequencies...it certainly would be cleaner if everyone dispatched on 154.13, regardless of dispatch center...moved to their own fire ground frequencies for local events and used county mutual aid frequencies for major events..you almost need 3 scanners to follow a major incident..154.13 gets busy without PL....Gloucester simulcasts on it as well

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So for anyone that can pick up Ocean City P25 TGID 31201...does that only come over the Ocean City site? Or can it be heard on the Egg Harbor Twp or Galloway site? It does not carry on the Mays Landing one.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
So for anyone that can pick up Ocean City P25 TGID 31201...does that only come over the Ocean City site? Or can it be heard on the Egg Harbor Twp or Galloway site? It does not carry on the Mays Landing one.
That I personally can not tell you. I've only done the Ocean City Site. I can see if I can test when I'm back in the area in a few months. If no one else tests it before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.