Ocean City P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting hits on 13823. I'll be listening all weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to figure out what this channel is. If anyone else would happen to know, that would be appreciated

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting hits on 13823. I'll be listening all weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to figure out what this channel is. If anyone else would happen to know, that would be appreciated
It is Worcester County Fire 4 - South County Ops.

AFAIK, the air show is a go this weekend, so should be plenty of activity.

Last edited:

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
It is Worcester County Fire 4 - South County Ops.

AFAIK, the air show is a go this weekend, so should be plenty of activity.
Oh, ok. Thank you! I guess that should be submitted to the database

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Oh, ok. Thank you! I guess that should be submitted to the database
Ocean City and Worcester County systems are networked together, so occasionally you will see WC tgs on OC's system, and vice versa. No need to submit the RRDB.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
One thing I don't get is, I can not get a signal on the beach on either site... This is not a simulcast issue because I am way closer to one of the towers on the simulcast site

maus92

Premium Subscriber
One thing I don't get is, I can not get a signal on the beach on either site... This is not a simulcast issue because I am way closer to one of the towers on the simulcast site
What street at the beach? I can check it out in a few days. Worcester County may be difficult in some areas of OC, but the simulcast site on OCs system should be receivable anywhere on the beach. Their Ocean Pines backup site has slightly less coverage particularly south.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
What street at the beach? I can check it out in a few days. Worcester County may be difficult in some areas of OC, but the simulcast site on OCs system should be receivable anywhere on the beach. Their Ocean Pines backup site has slightly less coverage particularly south.
Around 17th street. Coverage was very spotty for me

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just was out on the beach at 17th St. Received OC Fire on both the OC simulcast and the Ocean Pines multicast site, using a Unication G5. This is a Harris system which can be difficult for non-optimized radios. The SDS in my vehicle parked in front of Starbucks also has no issues.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok, makes more sense. I have a BCD325P2 with a Remtronix 800MHz antenna. That's probably why my coverage was spotty.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yea the OC simulacast is v e r y strong throughout the city. It was designed for in-building portable coverage, and as you know there is a lot of concrete and steel construction in town. 17th St is not really closer to one site over another, thus you’re likely getting strong signalling from both 65th St tower and the water tank near the inlet. You *might* get better performance by taking the antenna off entirely, but then it may not be enough attenuation and would affect other things you want to hear.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Granted 99.9% of my listening is fire and EMS only and I rarely care about police and any other stuff. But any time I’m in the area especially now that the horrible P25 replaced the EDACS I will still monitor the Ocean City and surrounding counties conventional channels.
The only times I turn the trunked systems on for anything in the area is if something major is going on and I want to make sure nothing is missed. Or on the rare occasion I see police activity and get curious. I don’t want to fight the P25 nightmare if the conventional rebroadcasts just about everything I need to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.