Ocean City pager tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

In the past, OCFD only used paging tones for dispatches involving fire company responses. They only activated pagers; some sort of ancillary Zetron system (via an un-used lowband channel, then via a separate TRS talk group) was used for actual control of fire station functions for EMS-only dispatches.

It seems that recently, (I say recently, but I don't make it down very often anymore, so maybe the past 2-3 years), pager tones are sent for all dispatches, including EMS-only dispatches. Is there a tone for each station/unit? Does anyone have a decent, detailed explanation of how they're using tones now?

I used to have a pretty good grasp on the specifics, but it's changed so much. We have a few trips planned in the fall, and I want to try to be set up to listen as best as I can.

guyiv

Feed Provider
They started using the EMS only tones earlier this year. The separate TRS channel that has only tones is for traffic control for the stations so the equipment can back in and for turning on the speakers in the station being toned out and any other station that needs to know for transfer purposes.

First tone is for "lower" emergency calls for example Fire alarms, MVCs without entrapment, and Elevator rescues without medical.
Second tone is for West Ocean City calls of the same type.
Third tone is for Structure fires and MVCs with entrapment.
Forth is an All Call tone.
Fifth tone is for EMS calls and it is 1 tone for all units.

emtLarmy15

All EMS calls use the same tone city wide. Basically started after a crew missed a call in the middle of the night.

Silent alarm and full alarm calls are the same as always except silent alarms (in box 5 & 6) get the "duty crew" tone as well as a single long tone that is for west o.

ocguard

They started using the EMS only tones earlier this year. The separate TRS channel that has only tones is for traffic control for the stations so the equipment can back in and for turning on the speakers in the station being toned out and any other station that needs to know for transfer purposes.

First tone is for "lower" emergency calls for example Fire alarms, MVCs without entrapment, and Elevator rescues without medical.
Second tone is for West Ocean City calls of the same type.
Third tone is for Structure fires and MVCs with entrapment.
Forth is an All Call tone.
Fifth tone is for EMS calls and it is 1 tone for all units.

This is a great explanation, thanks! Does this mean that all EMS crews are woken up for every EMS call? Also, any idea what the EMS tone is?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
O.T. Anybody know what happened to the Ocean City and Worcester feeds? They've been down about a week now. Will they be back up?

Back on topic. I still have it on my list of things to do to update the Worcester County tones in the wiki and I do have the Ocean City ones as well. I just need to find where I have them at and get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.