Ocean County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They still are licensed for a whole slew of frequencies in the 460-478MHz range so it looks like two options are on the table for when they vacate T Band.

kc2oon

I was discussing the 700Mhz system with our county coordinator at the OEM holiday party. The county is going to the 700Mhz system eventually. The 400Mhz frequencies are only backup channels if the 500 trunked system goes down. As of now the plan is for the State Police to go to 700Mhz as well. The whole state will have 700Mhz frequencies and county, local and federal groups would have interoperability talk groups on the system. There will be some overlapping frequencies being used for those. Its in line with what the federal government wants, a total interoperable communications system in the US in the empty spot left from the TV band. As of now no equipment has even been purchased for the 700Mhz system since no federal money has been allocated for it, and the county isn't going to buy it all. The county is spending a bunch of money moving our 911 center since it likes to flood.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Hmmmmm so the county freeholders took back the funding for it?

http://tinyurl.com/d96fyup

Last edited:

fineshot1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Hmmmmm so the county freeholders took back the funding for it?

http://tinyurl.com/d96fyup

You must have read a different article than i cause no where in what has been
posted did it say that.

Oops - sorry just noticed that this post was from 2012. I hate it when someone
brings alive an old thread some of the older posts appear as new.

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
That post was directed towards kc2oon to show that funding from the county is in fact being used for the system. From what he posted he made it seem like no funding would be issued. This is really not "an old thread" I think it should be a sticky like the Camden County one. Once the system comes alive people will start posting their findings and will probably start another thread on it which would not be necessary if this one is a sticky.

You must have read a different article than i cause no where in what has been
posted did it say that.

Oops - sorry just noticed that this post was from 2012. I hate it when someone
brings alive an old thread some of the older posts appear as new.

Last edited:

DJ88

I think it should be a sticky like the Camden County one. Once the system comes alive people will start posting their findings and will probably start another thread on it which would not be necessary if this one is a sticky.

Agreed. It would be a good idea if both this thread and the Monmouth County Posb New Trunk Sys thread were stickied.

rsb8940

Feed Provider
Radio Activity has started

There has been some radio traffic between June 20 - June 22 on the Ocean County 700Mhz from '110 ID 110' with a handful of transmissions each day, all between 6-9am. The conversations sound like interactions with the Comm Center about administrative stuff (non dispatch related). I appears they are just playing around and testing the new radio system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the system is on the air, can you get us some system information, please? Looking for the SysID, WACN, active control channel...and verification that it's RFSS 1, Site 1 also. Thanks.

rsb8940

Feed Provider
If the system is on the air, can you get us some system information, please? Looking for the SysID, WACN, active control channel...and verification that it's RFSS 1, Site 1 also. Thanks.

Sure. I am using a Uniden BCD996XLT with Freescan, how/where would I find that info?

elias1988

Feed Provider
I just tried all the system frequencies and there is no active control channel....

There has been some radio traffic between June 20 - June 22 on the Ocean County 700Mhz from '110 ID 110' with a handful of transmissions each day, all between 6-9am. The conversations sound like interactions with the Comm Center about administrative stuff (non dispatch related). I appears they are just playing around and testing the new radio system.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Construction is underway on replacement tower next to the new 911 center:

elias1988-albums-pictures-picture3932-replacement-toms-river-tower-construction.jpg

Unknown when exactly this picture was taken,no other information is on the contractor website at this time.Also funding to construct 4 additional tower sites is included in the 2014 county budget.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
New Tower Construction

Here is a picture I took today of the new tower on Chestnut Street.

Attachments

• Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 696

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

http://www.app.com/viewgal/?Site=B3...ry=MULTIMEDIA02&ArtNo=304180072&Ref=PH&Item=0

Looks like an APX portable in picture 7,also it appears construction of the new tower at the 911 center is complete. I'm now seeing another red light in the sky to the left of the existing tower.

Last edited:

radiomanNJ1

Not in Bergen Co. where no one wants anything to do with the big bad county trunking system.
Why they have towns next to each other with the same freq. different PL and in one case P25 and the other is analog. Yep cooperation is not the norm in Bergen.

Actually they, along with Camden County are indeed migrating to a countywide 700MHz. trunked system platform which will eventually be combined into the NJ Statewide systems to allow roaming throughout the state. Most users who are abandoning UHF T-Band in NJ will be following this migration path under authority of the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey; otherwise they will loose funding from the state for such projects. This also applies for Federal funding as well. Most agencies across the country are being forced into consolidated systems such as this. It's not necessarily a bad thing either as many in New Jersey are trying to make it out to be. They are just scared they are loosing the strong holds on their little fiefdoms they've controlled for years.

700MHz. is the new "cats meow" on the block, just like 800MHz. was in it's day, and VHF-Hi Band in it's heyday...

Rest assured, the new 700MHz. systems will be some flavor of Project-25 Phase-II, most likely TDMA-X2 in New Jersey. Even Atlantic County, historically M/A-COM EDACS based is migrating to Project-25 in the near future.

Status quo is no more in New Jersey; like it or not, the 21st century is finally upon you!

Coming soon to a county near you; Countywide Police, Fire, EMS, and Public Works services... Just wait, it's coming too...

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
FIRE/EMS

will fire and ems be on the 700 meg system for primary dispatch???

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Yes everyone on the current 500 MHz system will migrate over to 700 MHz. From what I heard dispatch will remain on the current UHF frequency (508.18750)

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
Ocean County to spend $22.8M to modernize police, crime work

Scheduled for approval on September 17th:

ORDINANCE #2014-25 - An Ordinance authorizing the upgrade of the Public Safety
Communications Network to P25 700MHz and the purchase of Software and
Hardware to convert the current operating systems of law enforcement, including but
not limited to Design, Upgrade of Six Communication Tower Sites, Construction of
Five Additional Remote Communication Towers and Equipment Purchases at various
locations, all in the County of Ocean, State of New Jersey and appropriating
$22,800,000.00 therefore and authorizing $21,700,000.00 in Bond or Bond
Anticipation Notes of the County of Ocean to finance the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.