Ocean County Fire Dispatch (Ocean County NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdougherty92496

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for the frequency and tone for zone 5 on the trunk system. I can't find zone 5 anywhere on the forums. It just gives me the frequency and tone for fire dispatch. If anyone can help please comment.

ctrmass

There's a mock FEMA drill taking place this week (Thursday) the 20th.
You might not hear it unless youre about 1 mile east of Lakehurst.
Everything is HT's and simplex, I cant imagine much range. I do not know the freq, but it's called "Utac 40-D". I have no more info than that.
Reason I mention it on this thread is it involves the local FD. Along with NJSP, O.C Sheriff, local police, O.C Health dept ( mostly observers), Exelon, and of course the fed govt. I think that's it. Oh yea,,,CERT and ambulances (I believe). I BELIEVE the entire team is using one common freq. Dont know about the fed govt observers though....
If you hear "This is a drill" repeated a LOT you found the freq.
I can post a dedicated post if you'd like, or feel free to do it yourself.

Edit: Forgot....There are also a few local emergency management agencies involved.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
UTAC 40 Is one on the nationwide UHF interops frequencies. UTAC 40 is generally assigned as the calling channel. Supposedly, once contact is made with IC Incident Commad, units will switch to another UTAC or assigned frequency by the IC/Command Post etc. UTAC 40/D indicates D for direct or simplex.

Also Check this LINK for more frequency information.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
UTAC 40 Is one on the nationwide UHF interops frequencies. UTAC 40 is generally assigned as the calling channel. Supposedly, once contact is made with IC Incident Commad, units will switch to another UTAC or assigned frequency by the IC/Command Post etc. UTAC 40/D indicates D for direct or simplex.

The correct channel name is UCALL40, not UTAC40, hence why it is the calling channel vs the tactical channel(s).

By the way, most of the frequencies listed in the Public Safety Common subcategory on the NJ Common/Shared page are duplicates of the Nationwide listings, and should be removed from the NJ page.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
The correct channel name is UCALL40, not UTAC40, hence why it is the calling channel vs the tactical channel(s).

By the way, most of the frequencies listed in the Public Safety Common subcategory on the NJ Common/Shared page are duplicates of the Nationwide listings, and should be removed from the NJ page.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

Good Point, and correction noted. Your right its UCALL 40.
Some of the inter-ops frequency's are NJ specific, I'll review and check and remove the nation wide ones.

Thanks

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Good Point, and correction noted. Your right its UCALL 40.
Some of the inter-ops frequency's are NJ specific, I'll review and check and remove the nation wide ones.

Thanks

Looks like Scott W2SJW beat me to the point GTR8000! Thanks Scott!:wink:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Scott worked my submission to remove the duplicates.

One other clarification, since I noticed you updated the subcategory details: the 800 MHz nationwide interop channels are 8CALL/8TAC. ICALL/ITAC was the pre-rebanding designation for the 866-868 MHz channels, which are no longer used in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.