Ocean County Fire Ground 5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
My department recently started utilizing the 700 P25 system using portables. We are Zone 5 (Southern Ocean) and our operating channel is Fire Ground 5. I was trying to determine if this was a conventional channel or a trunked channel. There is no listing for a Fire ground 5 in either listing (OC Conventional or P25 System) Previously there were only 3 Simplex Fireground channels so having a Fireground 5 is all new to me.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Should be very easy to determine if conventional or trunked; put the portable on that channel and see the signal strength indicator appears. If yes, then it's a talkgroup. You could also key the radio up while watching with software or a scanner, if trunking, to determine the TGID. If conventional, a scanner with Close Call or Signal Stalker should find the frequency and tone when keyed up.

elias1988

Feed Provider
It’s definitely not a TG (running Pro96Com 24/7 on the system),I’ve heard Jackson units switch to fire ground 4 during their calls,also the new channel names are called ops now not “zones”. What’s listed in the DB is accurate. If I had access to a new radio I would have it figured out.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
It’s definitely not a TG (running Pro96Com 24/7 on the system),I’ve heard Jackson units switch to fire ground 4 during their calls,also the new channel names are called ops now not “zones”. What’s listed in the DB is accurate. If I had access to a new radio I would have it figured out.
Fire Op's is what you would use to sign on with the County. Once you arrive "On Scene" you would switch to the Fire ground Channel. I just find it strange that there is no frequency listed for Fire Ground 4 or 5. I wanted to program my Baofeng to use for fireground channels.

Capture.JPG

elias1988

Feed Provider
I have yet to hear any department switch to fire ground besides Jackson during a fire. I’ve heard the tactical channels used more.

Status
Not open for further replies.