Ocean County Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello....

Ocean County members which are the BEST ACTIVE freqs, please send along the PL tones for
NJ State Forest Fire in the Toms River and Stafford Twp Area.

Also what are the BEST DEP freqs to monitor as well. Is DEP mainly on 800 now ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

elias1988

Feed Provider
Tony,159.3750 PL 179.9 (Channel 6 - Primary Fireground) is very active during the day in the county. also try 151.4750 PL 179.9 (Channel 8 - Division B Repeater - Central)

DJ88

With regard to DEP, the only two agencies that are shown as being on the State TRS are Parks and Fish & Game. If I were you, I'd monitor all of VHF frequencies as well as the TRS TGs for the two I mentioned.

mondaro

Feed Provider
DJ88..

Which DEP freq is the most active in the Brick and Toms River area ? I have limited space in the radio I will be using this summer.

Thanks

Tony

DJ88

I don't monitor the DEP all that much, so I really can't give you an answer there. Maybe someone who does will respond with some info for you.

germwad86

I know that DEP 1 is used still a bit for the state parks, like Island Beach and Alaire on the TR repeater when they can't get a hold of Trenton via the 800Mhz.

DEP 2 for a year at the state parks was used as like a talk around for the units at each park. Their vehicles still have VHF mobiles but each officer now carries their own 800Mhz state radio.

DEP 3 I hear alot with the fish and game peeps, so I don't really think they have made the full switch to the state 800mhz system.

Hope this helps a bit.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I am monitoring Price rite towing on 472.2125 no tone is coming up for them and in tone search mode is this some type of LTR system there on ??

Thanks

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.