Ocean County LBI Fire Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonfire

I spent the recent storm in Ortley Beach (North of Seaside) and Ocean County fire/ems dispatches/ops during and after the storm was like Chinese water torture in that the radio never shut up. Compliments to the 911 dispatchers in Ocean as it was amazingly busy. I know a lot of the radio traffic is carried on the 700 system but I'm likely missing some where the fire/ems agency only has 500 radios using the Unication G5 to listen in. Can anyone with knowledge advise whether the LBI departments have plans to go on the 700 system? I've never heard any LBI VHF fire radio traffic despite being only about 20 miles as the crow flies, most of that distance over flat beaches and water (No urban blockages, and yes I have a separate radio for the VHF). Does anyone know how extensively the DMR LBI island-wide frequencies are being used? Any feedback that the larger and northern towns would move to the 700 system? Brick, Toms River, Lakewood, the Points, etc. Are they happy with their own setups? frequencies?

elias1988

Feed Provider
Toms River is in the planning stages of building their own 700 MHz system so they will have access to the county system as they do with the 500 MHz one. Brick,Lakewood,Point Beach and Boro will most likely stay on their current systems and will have access to 700 MHz for interoperability as they upgrade to newer radios.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
LBI is very low power which is probably why you run into difficulty monitoring. I am in Barnegat and can receive them, barely. As far as I know all public safety radio will be required to move to the new public safety band, eventually. My department is in the process of trying to secure the funds (grants, etc) to switch over. It's a costly endeavor.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
LBI is very low power which is probably why you run into difficulty monitoring. I am in Barnegat and can receive them, barely. As far as I know all public safety radio will be required to move to the new public safety band, eventually. My department is in the process of trying to secure the funds (grants, etc) to switch over. It's a costly endeavor.
Especially while the tax revenue season isn't going well.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Im down here now , Down by Fantasy Island Amusement Park , I hear fire Trucks sirens and EMS like crazy and i cant find what frequency they are on . Any help would be appreciated.

Analogrules

Also, I believe Beach Haven PD is still in the clear. I always enjoyed monitoring them.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
and also I'm in Beach Haven West and for the life of me cant find the Lifeguard frequency . any help please . Thank you

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
and also I'm in Beach Haven West and for the life of me cant find the Lifeguard frequency . any help please . Thank you
Assuming you’re looking for a LBI lifeguard frequency...Specifically which town?

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200814-085715_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200814-085715_Maps.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28

Analogrules

That pic looks like Beach Haven, NOT Beach Haven West. Either way, I will say that when I was in Beach Haven last summer, the Lifeguards were not using the frequency listed for them in the DB. They were definitely using something else (possibly DMR), but I couldn't find the correct frequency either. I could be wrong, but I dont think the BCD436 can close-call DMR transmissions even if you have the DMR upgrade. Correct me if I am wrong.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Beach haven west
Maybe you’re already aware, Beach Haven West is a section within Stafford Township.
The RR database under Stafford Twp doesn’t have a lifeguard frequency listed.
Sorry, I know some LBI lifeguard frequencies but not BHW.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
That pic looks like Beach Haven, NOT Beach Haven West. Either way, I will say that when I was in Beach Haven last summer, the Lifeguards were not using the frequency listed for them in the DB. They were definitely using something else (possibly DMR), but I couldn't find the correct frequency either. I could be wrong, but I dont think the BCD436 can close-call DMR transmissions even if you have the DMR upgrade. Correct me if I am wrong.
I'm in Beach haven west water tower is at the end of my street

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Beach haven west water tower is at the end of my street
The pin drop on your screenshot is 100% Long Beach Twp, on LBI.
Not Beach Haven West, Stafford Twp.
Last year the Long Beach Twp lifeguards operated on 453.2625 DMR digital, as list in the DB. This season I haven’t heard anything, so it seems like they’re on a different system.

If anyone has the Long Beach Twp lifeguard frequency, it would be much appreciated!

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Ugh just realized the tower says Beach Haven Terrace. Had a mind block. Does that change anything ?

Analogrules

Oh wow. Thats good to hear. Yeah, I do have the paid upgrade. However, I thought I read somewhere on this forum that even with the paid upgrade, it still cannot close call DMR emissions. Perhaps that issue was already resolved with firmware updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.